What do I use for a Leica a60 headrest covering

jleb

Is there anything like a sheepskin or something to cover that plastic headrest on the a60?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if you already have the scope, check with the dealer. if there's a bracket already there, line with some foam, then cover with sheepskin or such.

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On a more serious note, I've just never understood the need for a headrest. I can't believe one can have the ultra-fine motor skills, the hand-eye coordination, required for engraving and not be able to hold their head still enough to use a scope. And something touching my forehead would just be a distraction.

Not to mention, that's yet another ergonomic issue that needs perfectly adjusted, and STAY perfectly adjusted, to fit your face. Also, the field of a good stereoscope is big enough that I definitely notice myself shifting a bit to look at the far edges, especially when I'm engraving larger, or odd-shaped, objects that can't be exactly centered in my vise. YMMV.

wdale.bass

Is there anything like a sheepskin or something to cover that plastic headrest on the a60?
If you already have the bracket you can get a great covering at your local welding shop. Ask forthe headband pad/covering for a welding hood. It’s thick & will serve you well