What is hopefully a quick question.

R.Quecke

I have been using TW’s transfer magic and his transfer film. It works well, but i tend to pull the dried fluid off with the film after burnishing, and when that happens its a poor transfer. Sometimes i dont though too, I haven’t been able to figure out why yet. Is my surface too polished? Am i burnishing too hard? My surface not clean enough? Anyone else deal with this or have solutions?

Thank you all.

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I like to use Prismacolor marker 40% gray. you can find them in most art supply stores. Just coat your surface with the marker and then burnish on the transfer.
So this was one those things where my first thought was how can this work? But he says it works so I guess I should try it.

And it works.

Many thanks for an easier way to transfer.

Allan

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
T.D. I just ordered those 40% er's from amazon........nib on one end,brush on the other. I played with them at Micheals and give them some thought. They spread quite well, can't wait to see how they transfer. Thanks paps

Is the prisma marker the blender pen? Or another type of prisma marker altogether maybe? I'll take a look at them... For anyone else who isn't aware, the prisma blending marker also works great with the pictorico transparency sheets and a ink jet printer. I also still use my damar/acetone mixture now and then and that has always worked well too.

monk

Staff member
I have been using TW’s transfer magic and his transfer film. It works well, but i tend to pull the dried fluid off with the film after burnishing, and when that happens its a poor transfer. Sometimes i dont though too, I haven’t been able to figure out why yet. Is my surface too polished? Am i burnishing too hard? My surface not clean enough? Anyone else deal with this or have solutions?

Thank you all.
are you using laser or inkjet for the transfers ?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is the prisma marker the blender pen? Or another type of prisma marker altogether maybe? I'll take a look at them... For anyone else who isn't aware, the prisma blending marker also works great with the pictorico transparency sheets and a ink jet printer. I also still use my damar/acetone mixture now and then and that has always worked well too.
Prisma makes a blender. He is using the 40% gray which is a transparent gray... either warm or cool, i forget.. the blender might work, or maybe you need that little bit of pigment. Idk

C&A, there is nothing on this package that denotes any kind of a blending action.
Thanks, I got online and did a little research and aside from the blender pen, which I have, and does work with ink jet and pictorico transparency sheets. I also found that prisma makes 3 different 40% grey merkers. Cool grey 40%, warm grey 40% and neutral grey 40%. I'm interested in trying this method out to see if it differs much from the prisma blender pen. The cool grey looks lighter and the warm grey looks much darker. So if your able to see the color under the transfer then the warm probably isn't the best choice being much darker. I'll probably try the cool or neutral grey 40% and I'll come back and give my opinion