Where to buy 8" flap wheels?

tejasjake

Does anyone know of a source to buy 8" diameter flap wheels from? I am looking for 80 to 120 grit.Would not mind some finer grit also. Have searched the knife and gun supplys I know of and no luck.
Thanks for any info.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
msc industrial supply co they are on line mcmaster carr also very good on shipping is on line too-mcmaster carr is great for small order people.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Flap Disc

This may help if you are near any industrial center. Most Welding and Supply warehouses carry the pieces you are looking for. We use them all the time for buffing and weld prep. Anywhere from 40 Grit on up. If there are any beer distilleries around finer grits will be easy to find. TSC stores also carry these but I'm not sure on the size, 4 1/2 to 6 " is common. Hope it helps and good luck

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Everybody's already pointed you in the right direction but before you burn some gasoline ...

If your talking about the "flat" flap disks for hand held grinders then the local welding supply is where you want to go. These things are truly hard to find in the finer grits. A REAL automotive supply that specializes in body work is a safe bet too.

Harbor frieght has the ones for the bench mounted grinders. Grizzly (and the places Monk mentioned) has higher quality that won't disintergrate as fast.

txwhite3

flap wheel

Check with Sandpaper of Texas 11440 Chairman Dr. Dallas,Tx 75243 and ask for Keith.I have been buying
these for years from them. They'll have anything you need. 214-340-0222

Latest posts

Sponsors