Where to learn to draw scroll work

ShaneMac

Greetings,

I've slowly been acquiring tools for hammer and chisel engraving, and in the meantime I've been trying to look for resources to improve on my drawing skills (the lack thereof). Not many other things have been so humbling than trying to draw scrolls. Are there any resources you all can recommend? I've tried YouTube, but there only seems to be three videos on the subject, and either the videos don't go too far in depth or the video is pretty unorganized. I wouldn't mind paying for a book, DVD, etc. if need be.

Thanks,

Shane McCarthy

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shane both of my sons went to university of delaware and are now working/living in avondale and oxford near you. With some luck i might be traveling back east to visit them this summer if i do we can get together and i can see what you’ve got going on

ShaneMac

Shane both of my sons went to university of delaware and are now working/living in avondale and oxford near you. With some luck i might be traveling back east to visit them this summer if i do we can get together and i can see what you’ve got going on
Thank you, that would be awesome. I've also inquired about getting some lessons by J.J Roberts in Virginia, once Covid is over. Getting the right mentor seems to be the best way to learn about any hobby.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
I agree that Ron's book is a must-have, as is Lee Griffiths' book. However, for the beginner, the book by Ray Cover and the book by Shawn Didyoung may be a better start.