Winter Engraving change of subject

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Anyone else in the forum from a Winter climate getting tired of engraving snow yet? We've had two highly unusual Winter melts this year, thank goodness, otherwise this snow would be piled as high as the roof. From here on out, for the rest of the Winter, I'd like to volunteer any new snow in my driveway as a new engraving material to all the fair climate engravers. I will supply the shovel, I mean graver, and a hot chocolate once you clear, I mean engrave, the driveway. Some of you guys in the mountains out West probably get way more than Wisconsin.

Attachments

• winter engraving.jpg
    winter engraving.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 180

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
Engraving Snow

I'll tell you what, Steve, I would much rather have that snow than the ice we had this winter. Our drive way is over 200' long, and this winter we have had abouut 3" of ice. At least with the snow, I can take my Scout and plow it out. With the ice I have to salt and cinder by hand every day. It is on a really bad hill, too!
pappy
p.s. I think we both should spend the winter in Vegas

dustin

I'll let you guys in on my secret snow removal method-TIME-its fullproof and allways gets rid of the snow. The downside is your wife and neighbors wont think to highly of it. (I'm really ready for spring).

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
another month, all the engraving snow will be gone, the young kids wont have a reason to stay home from school, and we will have the mud to complain about when we track it in the house. ill take the snow over tornados any year. guess everyone is just getting old.......

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'd tell you what you could do with winter, but tira or sam is probably monotoring the proceedings here and i don't want to get banned from the forum. i hate winter, at least in pa. i guess we haven't had it too bad here , but i still hate it with a passion. i may soon be going to arizona for a few weeks. not sure, but a real possibility.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Deer Run

Hi Steve,
Up here we do snow stuff really good. We try to make to best of long snow season,
actually try to work with it. Here is a proud new direction Canadians are taking to help the
wildlife.

I heard that the herds highway is almost finished. The only holdup is the US/CND border, guard are requiring
passports.
Talk to ya later.
Jim

Last edited:

Dan Grubaugh

I'm ready for spring....some nice sunny days would help! Here in Michigan, we have gotten more snow than usual. Seems like shoveling is about a daily chore! I shouldn't wine, Rex and Chris are further north and close to Lake Michigan....they get lake-effect snow on top of the regular storms!
Dan

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I am pleased to see that I am not the only one with the Winter blues. I like the bridge with the elk. JIM, IS THAT REAL, or are you pulling my leg?

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
It's a for real rail road bridge, but the darn elk can't read the no trespassing signs.
Rail road line have been use a migration routes for years. It's one of the hazards of
living in the Great White North. Taking out the garbage could be worth your life in
Churchill Manitoba. Beware of Polar Bears, have been posted.

Locally, you had better look before you go outside. No telling when a snow mobile will go
whizzing by the front door. These days, they really go fast.

Jim

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Winter can be pretty sucky here in in PA also but Sunday we were up in the 50's. This time of the year if we get one day a week like that I'm satisfied. Steve it looks to be a little warmer and less snow here than at your place. Been going through the hot chocolate this winter also.
Those Canadians got to hand it to them, a few bottles of blended whiskey and they come with an ingenious idea like a bridge for Deer. Jim how does the gov't handle drunk drivers. Road bumpers? Just kidding.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Not to well Mike. They still get 80 car pile ups on the 400 highway going north during white outs.
Just south of where I live is London Ontario. During the last snow storm people simple stoped
and didn't pull to the side of the road. Keeping your whits about you is a must.

But then on the other hand you can jump off the garage roof and land in a snow bank without breaking
anything. It still astounds me that the women who order jewellery, will go through a white out for a
new ring. God bless them.

Last edited:

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
I never cared about the winter till I hurt my back. It isn't the cold that bothers me here. I kind of like that. But every storm and weather change it bothers me teribble. Jim,we have bears here too but they aren't as nasty as yours. They can be a big problem though. I have walked up to them within 10 feet before they would move (with my riot gun), and last year I bought a cz 505 gibbs just in case. I don't hunt, but I would like a bear skin rug to keep warm in.
pappy

Andrew Biggs

Well I hate to rain on your guys parade..............

It's summer down here... YAHOOOOOOOO!!!! .......... beaches, babes, biceps, sun, heat, sunbathing, shorts, t-shirts, jandals, fly fishing, air conditioning, sun screen and all the other summer stuff!!!!!

Here's a wee taste to warm your bones :D

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Beach-life.jpg
    Beach-life.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 91

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
I'm with you Andrew. I sweating here in front of the PC in Africa. Have to drink cold water every hour.

But at this stage I think I'll trade the cold for the unbelievable crime levels we have here. Our weather is fantastic but 6 o'clock at night we lock the security gate in the street, the mid gate, the garage doors, the security gate at the front door, the front door, close all windows that are burglar barred with 3/4" round bar (close to prison standards) and activate the outside perimeter alarm system. The inside alarm we only activate when we go to bed.

I suppose we all live with some challenges.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew that's not very ******* nice. This won't be forgotten in a few months from now we will get even:)
Woe Christian the snow and cold is easy to handle compared to your living conditions. Best wishes for better times.

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew,
We will remind you of summer when you are getting hit by snow!!!!
:)
Yes, central Michigan has been no fun. 120 inches plus snow and it just seems to keep on coming!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One of the weather guys here in KC went back through the records. So far this season we've averaged some sort of snow every 3.4 days. Longest gap was 12 days.

Fortunately it's not sticking around - the 4" we got on Sunday is mostly gone from the roads - anything that didn't melt that afternoon isn't going to until this weekend - along with the snow we're supposed to get Thursday. But hey, I used to live in South Dakota where you get a real winter so I've got no problems with the weather here! :) The drivers, on the other hand... :(