Winter Engraving change of subject

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here in Connecticut is similar to what Pappy is experiencing....ICE. We had a torrential rain a few days ago and my sump pump has been working steadily since!

Snow is a pleasure (storm coming in tomorrow supposedly) compared to rain and ice!

I tend to believe the global warming is changing our climate but I HOPE it IS just a cycle.

Regards,
Peter

Gator

For you folks clearing snow, it is 78 degrees at 10:00 am, but cloudy.
The Sail’s are biting good there is Dolphin hitting ballyhoo at 200’ off the reef and also in the second shipping lane(about 600’ deep) off the coast. These Dolphin are the fish variety, not the Porpoise like Flipper, their called Maui Maui on the West Coast. The fish 'dolphin', have a range in size from Schoolies at around 5 to 15 pounds to adult Bull’s and Cow’s that range from 30 to 50 pounds.
Action on the 'Hump', which is a 60’ rise in the ocean floor off Islamorada is bringing in Snapper and Yellow Tail and an occasional King Mackerel and Tuna hitting on the run.

Deep sea fishing is hours of boredom, interrupted by pure chaos.

There is no better description for it, but the rewards in the fight of a 200lb. Marlin or the jump of an 80 lb. Sail, will send a chill down your back when you are the end of that line and feel the fish hit the bait.
Then for the next hour, or two, or three you are at the mercy of the fish, you are just trying to get the fish a little closer to the boat. Once you get the fish to the boat and see it's beauty, it's something to see, everyone should try it if you like to fish.
We tag and release any billfish we catch, but since I go out on one of two Charter boats my friends own, they want fish for sale, not sailfish. But they have to pay for gas, bait and maintenance for those two gas hogs, so where ever they want to fish, is fine with me.

I just thought you all would like to have something to think about while you shovel the driveway.

I’m going out this afternoon for the afternoon tide change, weather permitting, and I finish a job for a client.

Gator

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I was telling the wife about the Elk picture. She told be me, "you're wrong". That is not a rail road
bridge. It was built for the elk because they were causing to many acident on the highway.
So I guess they really did build the bridge for the bucks. Canadian are just a bunch of big hearted
people, I guess.
Jim;)

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Yea Jim, you guys are big hearted in Canada. We thank you every time an Artic freeze dips below the border. Now I have to go tell my wife the bridge truly is for elk.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Steve,
And well you should thank us for all that snow. It struck me how beautiful
a country the USA is to fly over when it's covered in snow. As I was
going to Reno I was expecting to see everything divided up into squares.
No, it looks more like a wedding ring quilt. There are all these bulls eyes
covering the whole mid-west. I think there irrigation systems.

What struck me was you could really see the contour of land when it's covered
in snow. I brought magazine to read because it was a 5 hour flight. I think
I watch the country go by for four hours. So, your welcome.
Jim

Andrew Biggs

America sure is beautiful to fly over. On the way from LA to Kansas I flew over some of those flat top mountains you have and big statuesque rock formations. They were stunning with quite an array of colours as well. On the way back I flew over a big hole in the ground that I think may have been the Grand Canyon. It was pretty big!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
The meaning of real snow.

Hi All,
A friend from Quebec City sent me a picture of the snow around his house. He said the snowblower
can't shoot it any higher.

So when you only have 6 inches of snow, remember this picture. No wonder they build the Ice Hotel
there.
Jim