working while staying at home

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I hope everyone is staying safe, healthy an smart during these trying times.
I know while stuck at home here in Colorado I am getting a good deal of engraving accomplished. I am assuming so are my fellow forum members.
So I thought as a way to stay in touch with reality and keeping in touch it would be nice to see the work that everyone is doing.
In that vein here is a piece I am working on . Its a 1873 Winchester for a client. On this side plate I am engraving a chuck wagon scene. So here is where I am with it today.
Lets see what you are doing and keep us updated daily if possible Its all in good fun

Stay safe

Marty

chuck wagon 1 for forum.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, for surre is lookin good. no excuse for those needing more practice. never a better time than now.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Dan. To make it POP a bit remember, artists have to lie at times and add or subtract things to make it work. I think that where you are at with this you should put the picture away from which you are working and just add or subtract little details to bring out things a bit wherever your gut tells you to emphasize . Like shadows or whatever

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Marty. I will see what I can come up with to make it pop but I don’t have an artist eye like you.

hoping to see more pics of what others are working on.

Dan

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I am glad someone is awake. I was just informed by a very studious member AKA John BARECLAW that I left out one of my cuts on the upper right corner. DANGIT he's correct. Thanks John

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Well I am glad someone is awake. I was just informed by a very studious member AKA John BARECLAW that I left out one of my cuts on the upper right corner. DANGIT he's correct. Thanks John

Doggone it Marty.........that was 'sposed to be our secret.
Now everyone will know where I got the paper hat.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Heck John You know I like giving credit whenever and wherever it is due. I'm thrilled you noticed it. Now of course this isn't the first time something like this happened. I once got so involved with the engraving i totally forgot to put tails on the horses. Fortunately a friend pointed it out to me to my embarrassment. As you are well aware of, we get caught up in our work and develop a sort of tunnel vision and don't see what is obvious to others in our blindness. this is why showing your work to others is so important.They see what we sometimes overlook in our blindness
So once again, THANK YOU

Latest posts

Sponsors