working while staying at home

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well we are now at a mandated stay at home order here in colorado. Hope everyone is doing well
Heres where i am at now with the engraving. Im surprised more people havent posted their work so far
Stay well
Marty

Attachments

• 21649FAF-FEAB-4259-81AF-69B9DC08A8B6.jpeg
    21649FAF-FEAB-4259-81AF-69B9DC08A8B6.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 94

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thank you Marty.
I really did think that you did it to see if anyone was paying attention.
Didn't want to spoil your gag, that's why I sent it to you as an email.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I keep telling people I've been working for myself, by myself, for going on 40 yrs so what everybody is now calling "social distancing" & "self-quarantining", I call "business as usual". If the power, gas, water, & food supply continues uninterrupted I can do this indefinitely. In fact, not only am I still avoiding people, now they're avoiding me. That's a 'win-win'.

jmyates

While certainly not on the level of most who share here,but since the lockdown started here in NY I am spending some extra time at the bench.I just finished up and am polishing up this piece today.It's a reproduction of a 18th Century British officers Gorget.

J.Mitchell Yates

DSC_0130.JPG

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great gorget brings back my days of rev war reenacting with the british artillery where in N Y are you? I once fired the big brass barrel cannon at new windsor cantonment at the invitation of the west point museum curator

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All got a big bang out of the cannon fired four rounds and was told to keep clear of the carriage wheels on the last shot that big baby did move backwards on that last one

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Like Mitch, no real change here. I once thought to become a hermit but decided I could not be that nice ALL the time.

Marty, sunshine and snow...springtime in the Rockies!

This is a Lefever project themed Sharptail Grouse. These three feathers are the Alula attached to the wing skeletal structure on what equates to the thumb in humans. For you aviators the Alula acts like wing slats used to change the airflow over the wing at high angles of attack to lower the stall speed.

Owner wants scroll, birds and lots of feathers, sort of Appleby style...sort of.

Alula.jpg

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those feathers look real good Sam. Glad you are staying well there in the valley.
Well I've managed to do a little more work on the sideplate. Almost finished actually so need to look more than engrave so I don't make more omissions an wake up John B
It's great seeing everyone's work so far

IMG_2907 2.jpg

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just for S**** and grins... here's what I have planned for the other sideplate. Usually I like saving the scenes for last but the action is being stocked and these two plates are all I have right now so best not to sit idle It's a combination of photos and a painting the mother of a friend did of some steers combined You have to build an image using any resources yo have available
left side plate 3.jpg

JohnC

Marty: You won't remember me I am sure. I met you at a Syracuse gun show. You gave me my first engraving lesson that day. You drew a fishhook scroll and said don't do this. Then you drew a more rounded scroll and said do this. So I am finally retired and have time to learn and practice engraving. I am not sure if I'll ever be an artist, but given enough time and practice I hope to become a skilled craftsman. With a little luck maybe I get better artistically too. I for one was sorry to see you relocate to the west side of the nation. Good to see you are still busy "working at home".

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John c...syracuse feels like ages ago Im glad you are still interested in engraving and hopefull now that you are retired you can devote some enjoyable time to it Hope everyone back in N Y and everyone are staying safe Lets see some practice plates as you go along