xmas came early this year

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
to my surprize, the mailman brought me a real hobo today. it was carved by the "coincutter", mr. steve ellsworth. as you all know i've looked at many a foto by now, of many of the finest coins ever done. the fotos have held my interest since i found the forum.
steves' hobo is the first i've ever seen in person. needless to say, i was totally shocked at the depth and fluidity in this coin ! when steve tutorialized me on my first, much of what he said just went over my head. he just had too much info for me to process all at once.but seeing his coin, right in front of my face, all his words just made sense. seeing his coin is a learning experience in itself !
he mentioned he worked in 5 layers i think. well, this coin may have 5, but the blend and sculpting just amazed my eye. his little guy to me looks real ! i'm including a foto of his coin, but it's still encased in the protective holder. not a cliche, the foto doesn't do this little guy justice ! when i get a replacement holder, i'll post a better pic.

Attachments

• STEVE.JPG
    STEVE.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 165

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks pretty good even in the case. I will be anxious to see a better picture.

Thanks,
Peter

Sponsors