Yard Crew

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the shot of the bedded down deer, did you happen to notice the 6 or 7 turkeys in the background?
i'll be darned, so there are! there's quite a flock of turkeys in my neighborhood, too, but for whatever reason they don't use the same 'migration route' as the deer & bears so i seldom see them in my yard. they mostly hang out a couple blocks east of my house because a few people feed them.

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
Southern Lights,
There is a field on the western side of the Grampians - near Zumsteins I think - where the roos are still wild but tame enough to approach and have your photos taken with them.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After seeing these, my right index finger is twitching and won't stop!
I won't be doing any hunting this year, my wife is recovering from endometrial cancer surgery and it's my turn to take care of her (she's always talking care of me), and I don't mind at all. She is doing fine, just has to be careful and take it easy. Plus, my "season" begins shortly so I'm really busy this time of year. Luckily I downsized my appearances so I'll be around the house a lot more. And, just our luck, hurricane Matthew blew through and the power was out for an extended period and we lost the contents in the freezer. It needed restocking anyway, but no more venison this year.

I shouldn't be complaining, I'm a blessed man and Ms Mary is getting better.

Bill

Latest posts

Sponsors