1/3 bright cut flowers.

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
I just finished this buckle today. I have been playing with this 1/3 flower for the last 2 weeks. I would be grateful if you all could let me know how you feel about these 1/3 bright cut flowers. Mainly do they have appeal and is it a compliment to the overall feel and flow of the engraving. Thanks for looking!

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I applaud your beautiful engraving, Greg. Thank you for sharing it with the Cafe.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Greg

Absolutley stunning work as usual..............and the photo is superb.

The 1/3 flowers fit right in perfectley from what I can see. The way you have balanced them diagonaly from one another looks great.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
1/3 bright cut flower

i called my wife to come and take a look at your buckle. she came and looked for a while , and she said, " no, i don't think any person could make something that perfect" !:D

Patternweldor

Hi Greg, I really like your design, everything compliments itself and coupled with your control of the gravers you have arrived at an unbeatable combination!

Thanks for the inspiration.
Chris

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg,

It is a thrill to see your work, and these photos make it so real, so thank you for your generous postings!

Will you by any chance be going to Reno in January? Andrew and Mary Biggs will visit me before the show and we will be driving from Mendocino to Reno and hence passing near your neck of the woods. It would be fun to meet up for a chin wag and a coffee?

best

Rod

jack

OK, I give up. Do you put the background on before you cut or after. I am betting after. Jack

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Another example of EXCELLENCE!!! Well done Greg.

Thank you for inspiring us to new levels of excellence. We really enjoy your work.

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for your generous compliments and encouragement! I have done 1/3, 1/2 & 3/4 flowers for many years. However the departure here was that the flower is so big and possibly overwhelming the comprised engraving to some degree. In comparison, the buckle itself measures 2 7/8" X 4 1/8". I engraved this flower with long narrow, daisy like petals. The center is engraved with a hub and long bright cut spokes (for lack of a better description). You see, I liked it... but I wanted to see how you all viewed it. That is why I was seeking your well thought opinions. Thanks again for weighing in your opinions!

Jack~ I stipple the background after I engrave.

Rod~ I am hoping to get to Reno for a day if at all possible. If not, I would most definitely like to meet up with you, Andrew & Mary. That would be great!

Chas~ I am sorry, any larger and the pic becomes pixilated and washed out. I will try to come up with a step by step in the near future and post the enlarged photo too.

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg, Don't get hung up on the size of the flowers, You might be able to put one on someday that is too big but these certainly are not too big, they really complement the rest of the engraving. The whole theme goes great together in my opinion. Your work really has a beautiful flow to it,the point Ron Smith pushes in his book. The ones I've seen just really knock your socks off. I love'em! Hang in there and keep posting. Dwayne