1886 Winchester

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
WINCHESTER 1886 carbine-Gold and platinum inlays, vignettes in sculpted relief.
The original design for this rifle was done by John Ulrich who I have always admired. I will be in San Antonio, Texas at the Colt collectors show Sept 12-13-14, at the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk Hotel. Hopefully I will see you there. Have a great day even if it is a lousy one.

Attachments

• Engravers Cafe7.jpg
    Engravers Cafe7.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Hienzel 1886 src (2).jpg
    Hienzel 1886 src (2).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 257

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joseph,

I believe you mean the Texas Gun Collector's fall show. The Colt Collector's Show is to be in Houston the first weekend in October. Hope to see you in S.A.

Weldon

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitry,pure platinum was used.
Weldon, I will be a guest of my best friend Tom Power, am looking forward to seeing you. Would you like some 5 Peso coins, and will you be exhibiting there?

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joseph,
I am not exhibiting but will try to make the Texas Gun Collectors show in San Antonio if possible (don't yet know for sure).
I will be exhibiting at the Colt show in Houston.
Hope to see you,
WL

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph,
Way back in 1996 my wife and I spent a month in Zihuatanejo on our honeymoon... We rented a wonderful remodeled two story house on a corner within view of the hospital ($25 a day). I can remember the owners name was Lodi... He was a relocated Dutchman who spent most of his time in the mountains of Oaxaca....... We were told by his friends that he was learning from a Indian Shaman on how to disintegrate himself. He had a ex-American patriot (draft dodger) neighbor handle the rent money. I can't remember the family name at this time but they had a young daughter (age 5 or so) named Ruby. We really loved Zihuatanejo and look forward to returning someday.

I was just curious.... The Mexican Government seems to spend a lot of time with road blocks searching for firearms.... How does one get to have a Winchester?

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Dennis,
Mexico and Zihuatanajo have grown. It is still full of people with shady pasts, kidnappings, robberies. Killings between different Drug cartels are not uncommon. Yachts loaded with drugs and people with AK47s are here. There have been serious gunfights between police an cartels. I would not want to be found with a gun on my property. All the guns I have posted have long ago been sold. Where Franca and I live is very safe and one of the most beautilful spots on the planet. Food costs are 50% less; property taxes are reasonable as well as medical and best of all I have never received a sales call or a piece of junk mail in 8 years. TV is three channels and rarely is U.S. politics a news worthy subject. I live in a place 10 miles south of Zihuatanejo, called Barra de Potosi'

Latest posts

Sponsors