1943 Copper penny...

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Numismatics are expensive.
There are people willing to pay that kind of money.
They can collect more than 2 million dollars.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
The Denver mint example sold for 1.7 million because it is the only one from that mint. This piece is the discovery coin but there are about a dozen from the Philadelphia mint and should sell for 1/10 of the Denver piece. so what are you thinking?

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
i'm thinking that given the massive metalworking skill set available on this forum, we could easily knock a few more undiscovered rare pennies. like a group project...
No problems with the manufacture of stamps. They are made on machine tools and CNC .. The complexity of manufacturing herd machines and rolling stock with knurled.
I made copies of the coins at the request of the coin collectors. Not everyone can buy an expensive coin.
The alloy was taken from old coin

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
The 1943 copper sold for $210,000. Being a long time coin collector and friends with some of the top people in the business, all I can say if you try to fool them is, good luck.

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Sometimes a collector cannot buy an expensive coin. Then he gets a copy.
Sometimes a small “R” icon is placed on cues from precious metals. Replica. I always tell the client- COPY ..
Good engravers make copies of stamps, stamps, stamps, personal aristocratic stamps, seals ..
http://saleprise.blogspot.com/
http://www.monetnik.com.ua/index.php?route=common/home

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I saw that the other day and with the condition of that coin, it has to have been in a collection somewhere. The condition is too good for it to have been in circulation since 1943.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
It was the discovery piece for 1943 off metal strikes in copper, found and removed from circulation in 1947. The article makes it sound like it was recently found in some kid's lunch money, but that isn't the case.

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It was the discovery piece for 1943 off metal strikes in copper, found and removed from circulation in 1947. The article makes it sound like it was recently found in some kid's lunch money, but that isn't the case.

Now it makes sense.

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Cent taken from the child?
What percentage of a deal to him, his parent?

Latest posts

Sponsors