2024 Engrave In which will be September 13-15th

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Monthly reminder to SAVE THE DATE AND MAKE YOUR PLANS to be at this years 2024 Engrave In which will be September 13-15th at at Scott Pilkington's home in Monteagle, Tennessee, we are working on getting a list of presenters, anyone who would like to give a talk on a subject that they feel would benefit others please let us know by posting here.

We are looking for ideas as to what people would like to here discussed and from any special engraver you would like to hear from.

We would also like to start getting an idea as far as a head count of those who plan on coming, if you are please let us know.

If you are not familiar with the (Engrave In) it is a great time to get together for those involved in the art of hand engraving from the very basics to the more advanced. Learn from season engravers that are more than happy to pass along what they know about the craft.

Topics that are covered range anywhere form push engraving, palm type engravers, scrimshaw, carving, drawing, transfer methods of designs, scroll work, types of backgrounds, inlay and the list goes on and on........................................

So if you are thinking about getting into engraving, new to engraving , or a seasoned engraver the Engrave In has always been a great place to be. Meet new friends, catch up with old friends and have a great time.

Look forward to seeing new faces along with all those who have come in the past.

Will keep everyone up to date monthly and as we go along will start listing names of those who plan on attending.

Dean

Attachments

• 2023 engrave in a.jpg
    2023 engrave in a.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 65368842249__0E002121-CF43-48DF-8833-BAF2C284DFBB.jpg
    65368842249__0E002121-CF43-48DF-8833-BAF2C284DFBB.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2129 (1).jpg
    IMG_2129 (1).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7533.jpg
    IMG_7533.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 52

nkosijuban

Good day Sir , I wish I am in the USA but I am in RSA. I am trying to find out which air graver is good for Scrimshaw stippling. I Don't get enough info on the net or forums. May you kindly help.

I saw these two on different platforms . I also saw the Lindsay graver palm . But I don't even know how these differ. Seems mostly they are made for steel?

Gravur MalzemeleriAG2

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_173615_618.jpg
    IMG_20240305_173615_618.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20240305_173647_246.jpg
    IMG_20240305_173647_246.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 30

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work, I am sorry for late reply, I have ben away, as for gravers I only use the Lindsay palm Graver. it is a great piece of equipment , I am not familiar with the others on the market.

Greiner524

Monthly reminder to SAVE THE DATE AND MAKE YOUR PLANS to be at this years 2024 Engrave In which will be September 13-15th at at Scott Pilkington's home in Monteagle, Tennessee, we are working on getting a list of presenters, anyone who would like to give a talk on a subject that they feel would benefit others please let us know by posting here.

We are looking for ideas as to what people would like to here discussed and from any special engraver you would like to hear from.

We would also like to start getting an idea as far as a head count of those who plan on coming, if you are please let us know.

If you are not familiar with the (Engrave In) it is a great time to get together for those involved in the art of hand engraving from the very basics to the more advanced. Learn from season engravers that are more than happy to pass along what they know about the craft.

Topics that are covered range anywhere form push engraving, palm type engravers, scrimshaw, carving, drawing, transfer methods of designs, scroll work, types of backgrounds, inlay and the list goes on and on........................................

So if you are thinking about getting into engraving, new to engraving , or a seasoned engraver the Engrave In has always been a great place to be. Meet new friends, catch up with old friends and have a great time.

Look forward to seeing new faces along with all those who have come in the past.

Will keep everyone up to date monthly and as we go along will start listing names of those who plan on attending.

Dean
I am planning to attend.

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Mobaiz for the feed back, I think that would be a great topic to be shown and discussed. Hope to see you there. Dean

Latest posts

Sponsors