A few pictures of my GRS Class

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to say thank you to GRS and FEGA for the opportunity to attend a great class on Scroll Design. Lee Griffiths was our teacher and I think did a great job.

All the folks at GRS were great and they were very gracious host. I enjoyed meeting all my classmates and had a wondeful time making new friends.

I applied for one of the scholarships that FEGA awards and to my surprise got one and applied it to the cost of this class, so a big thank you to FEGA.

I enjoyed this class and I feel like I made a big step forward in design and my cutting abilitity. I have posted a few pictures from class and a few of the designs that I came up with and a knife that I cut in class. The pictures are not that great but everyone feel free to make comments on my designs and on my knife.

Thanks again to all that helped me make this class.:beerchug:

Attachments

• tira and lee.jpg
    tira and lee.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 304
  • working hard.jpg
    working hard.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 300
  • working hard 2.jpg
    working hard 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Paul.jpg
    Paul.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 293
  • robbie.jpg
    robbie.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 293
  • sc-1.jpg
    sc-1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 311
  • sc-2.jpg
    sc-2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 287
  • sc-4.jpg
    sc-4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 301
  • sc-5.jpg
    sc-5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 279
  • knife-3.jpg
    knife-3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bama,
Glad you had a good time! I see a couple of familiar faces there too. Just to remind those FEGA folks, we still have the scholarship program and I think this year the deadline is April 1st of 2011.
Of course, I'm sure Andrew would like a little article or note about the class and the scholarship for a future Engraver magazine... :)
Rex

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was certainly a fun class full of terrific students. It was good to meet you Jim.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My heart goes out to you. I can imagine how it must have been to be trapped in a classroom for a week with Lee. *shudder*

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very impressive Bama. You must have started a little ahead, or that Lee G is some kind of teacher!
Kevin P.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, you have scarred me deeply. I may never recover emotionally. The next time I see you it's a wet spaghetti noodle duel to the death.

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
"... You know it seems the more we talk about it
it only makes it worse to live without it
but let's talk about I – oh wouldn't it be nice ..."

America is so far away, isn't it? :)

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock: It's the battle of the scrolls - Dueling spaghetti at ten paces. In the blue corner we have we have Lee "The Beard" Griffiths hardened by many years of plowing furrows in steel out on the plains of Western America. In the red corner we have Sam "The Swamp Man" Alfano who's senses have been honed sharp by many years of gator hunting down on the Bayou. This battle folks will not be for the faint of heart - partental guidance is suggested - Warning - impact blows will be shown to impart realism into each and every cut. HURRY!! DON'T DELAY!!!!!!!! Get your tickets today - call 1-800-RAGU:beerchug:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dueling spaghetti at ten paces.

"The Beard"

"The Swamp Man"

I'm begining to hear Banjo music..............RUN FAST

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh swamp knave, Because I am a gentleman, I must inform thee of my intention to cheat. In my left hand will be a wet noodle loaded with sauce. My artful slap will deposit the tomato pasty in thine eye. Blurred vision will not allow thee to see the right hand draw an uncooked noodle from my engraver socks and stab thee in thine cruel heart.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
At our age maybe we should just swap a couple of bad stories over a glass of milk. Pizza or pasta would be bonus.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think you two should see who can pound down the most of this.

HEHEHEHE:banana:

Poor Bamma his thread got robbed. Looks like you had a very productive week.

Attachments

• ensure.jpg
    ensure.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors