Add Your Wildlife Pics: A Creative Source of Inspiration for Engraving

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This shot is a couple years old, but was taken out my workspace window right by the driveway. Most of the houses on my block have fenced yards, but mine doesn't so over the years the deer have learned they can cut thru my property. I see them a lot when the apples and pears are dropping in my backyard- sometimes can hear them munching in the middle of the night when I'm laying in bed. Whitetails.jpeg

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Trying out the new upload method. In this photo you can see the black median line that runs from the black tip of the tail, along the top of the tail to the base of the tail. This is a quick way to tell a gray fox from a kit fox which does not have the black line.

Mitch, those deer sure have small ears...hehehe (as Ron Smith says).

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 15

SamW

A few years back, while I was setting irrigation water, eleven bucks crossed the road about 30 or 40 feet away and interred my neighbor's orchard. They were kind enough to wait around for me to get to the house and camera and return for this photo. They paid very little attention to my antics. The other 4 were smaller and bedded down to the right.

Attachments

• close supervision.jpg
    close supervision.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 17

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
wow! i've seen a dozen bighorn rams in their summer bachelor bands, but never deer.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hummingbirds I photographed in our yard.

Attachments

• hummingbird_IMG_1173.jpg
    hummingbird_IMG_1173.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 10
  • hummingbird_IMG_1176.jpg
    hummingbird_IMG_1176.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10

SamW

Mitch, I see these groups every so often, but not ever year. I'm probably just not around at the right time. Here is one I took maybe 30 years ago (film days) give or take. Only time I have seen such coloring. Wildlife folks said they happen occasionally and that they lose the color about a quick as spots.

Sam, last time I fed the hummers I went through 110 lbs of sugar for the summer and decided the freeloaders were on their own thereafter. freckles.jpg

Last edited:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch, I see these groups every so often, but not ever year. I'm probably just not around at the right time. Here is one I took maybe 30 years ago (film days) give or take. Only time I have seen such coloring. Wildlife folks said they happen occasionally and that they lose the color about a quick as spots.

Sam, last time I fed the hummers I went through 110 lbs of sugar View attachment 43480 for the summer and decided the free-loaders were on their own thereafter.

Reactions: Sam

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
110 POUNDS OF SUGAR??? i wonder how many millions of tiny sips it took to consume that...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
We had maybe a hundred hummingbirds around our feeders during a migration several years ago. It was insane. I'd never see more than half a dozen. Abigail had them feeding fro her hands.

A hundred pounds of sugar is incredible!! How many were they?

Attachments

• IMG_0892-edited.jpg
    IMG_0892-edited.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0896-edited.jpg
    IMG_0896-edited.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 13