Announcement: All Pledge Membership auto-renew subscriptions cancelled

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have cancelled all recurring subscriptions for Pledge Members. This means it will not renew automatically. It doesn't affect your membership.

Thanks for all who are supporting this great archive and forum.

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam ,Hope all is well with you & your family, about the payment cancelation , do you need us to send money manually or are we getting a freebie this time round ? Thanks for all the time you dedicate to us. Stay well.

Sam

Staff member
Hi Sam ,Hope all is well with you & your family, about the payment cancelation , do you need us to send money manually or are we getting a freebie this time round ? Thanks for all the time you dedicate to us. Stay well.

We're doing fine thanks. Staying close to home as you might expect.

For those who want to support the Cafe we will still take payments. It's the auto-renew part that's causing me trouble because people forget it's turned on and then complain to PayPal when a payment is made, and then PayPal comes to me, and blah blah blah. It harms my reputation with PayPal when all the member would have to do is email me instead of filing a complaint.

Cheers

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Perhaps what we should all do is set up a reminder to buy ourselves a great birthday present each year: i.e., renew our pledge of support. Because my birthday comes before what would have been my next automatic renewal, the result for me will be a small boost this year.

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Staff member
I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I cancelled auto-pay once a long time ago for the same reason, and so many members complained about cancelling it that I turned it back on. Now it'll stay off for good, and I apologize for the trouble and appreciate those who support this forum.

bcarter

I did love the auto renew but I will put on my big girl pants and take charge of the payments myself! Sam your forum is great and I understand how hard it is to make everyone happy. I put a reminder on my calendar. Suggest everyone do the same. We are adults and can take charge of this.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
It's not good that you have to make all of us suffer for few cry baby idiots..............but you gotta do what's you gotta do Sam. I would not not let something like this affect my well being. I just hope I can remember to renew on my date.

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
I guess I’ll just have to buy myself a birthday pledge to the Cafe every year. I just hope I remember my birthday>

Sam

Staff member
It's not good that you have to make all of us suffer for few cry baby idiots..............but you gotta do what's you gotta do Sam. I would not not let something like this affect my well being. I just hope I can remember to renew on my date.

If I get too many PayPal complaints it hurts my reputation as a seller. That's the reason I'm forced to do what I have to do.

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Howdy Sam, I believe mine is up in December, I will continue to support the site, and send money through PayPal at the end of the year, if I have the date wrong please PM me so I can get the correct time frame

Enjoying your newest video just have to fine some time to practice it.

Thank you and everyone that supports the forum for all the continued information that is provided.

KGDiebold

Sam,
I hate to hear you have problems through no fault of your own. I will put a reminder in my calendar right now to keep up on my pledge membership. I truly enjoy what I get out of this forum as I am much more of a consumer of this knowledge than a contributor. Keep up the good work.

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
Too bad. I liked the autopay because I'm lazy and forgetful . But I accept we have to put in a bit more effort to make up for the impact of those members of society on the left limb of the bell curve. I dislike people who blame others for their flaws. Thanks for all your work on the Cafe.
Jeremy

J

JSaville

Sam,
I'm not sure when I am up for renewal, but just in case, I am sending my payment through PayPal. If the date is wrong, let me know or I will just put it on my calendar for the same time next year. This Forum is too valuable a tool to let go of.

JSaville

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
I also liked the automatic payment, made life a little easier.... enjoy the forum greatly!
Is there a reminder that goes out to renew?