Another Bulino attempt with finer cuts

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
I tried again with advice received the deer on the right. Tried for finer cuts. Feel free to critique I can take it.
Thanks,Leland

Attachments

• BULINO WHITETAIL FINER CUTS (2).jpeg
    BULINO WHITETAIL FINER CUTS (2).jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 168

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the one on the right may have finer cuts, but i like the one on the left. it looks more natural to my eye. i've never tried bulino, so don't know how to give advice to that end. practice will bring success.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
what Monk said. Too gray to me, and the ears look good too........on the left that is. paps

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
monk, paps thanks for the comments I think I need something in between the 2 The left 1 is over cut and the right under cut. I think.
Leland

jdh

I'm just a novice but the Bulino I've seen has such fine cuts or dots that you can't tell it's actually engraving. It actually looks like a picture of a subject. I'd have to go with the one on the right and encourage you to go finer still.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
I'm attempting a grouse now and the advise Monk is giving to take your time and enjoy ( because I love Bulino) works better for me, I'm starting to throttle back and it shows. enjoy. paps

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments. gc I think the right one is closer to what I'm looking for. I started this just because I wanted to learn it for myself didn't have any call for it,until last Thursday a customer came in to talk about some engraving for him seen this plate and now I have 3 rifles to do with big game on them now I have to figure this out.
Thanks,Leland

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments. gc I think the right one is closer to what I'm looking for. I started this just because I wanted to learn it for myself didn't have any call for it,until last Thursday a customer came in to talk about some engraving for him seen this plate and now I have 3 rifles to do with big game on them now I have to figure this out.
Thanks,Leland
Holy cow I was told once to be careful about what you wish for. I guess you found out the hard way. In other words it's time to make hay while the sun is shining.

Latest posts

Sponsors