Barry Lee Hands 24k gold overlay work in progress

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
Not being a jeweler or stone setter I am surprise that you would set a stone on 24K gold, isn't it too soft to hold it?

Thierry,

It is not as if the claws are going to be subjected to a lot of abuse or wear - I would imagine that the knives would be locked away to only be looked at and the stones are surrounded in beads so provided the stones are not going to be pried at they should stay there for ever and a day.

Roger

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most likely they will be there until they are torn loose by tidal forces as they disappear across the event horizon while entering a black hole.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are all the pics start to finish:

Trimming the edge with a glensteel singlepoint 90. . .

Here are two pics demonstrating the use of a round bottom chisel to sculpt the leaf.

Using a small round bottom tool to trim the edges:

After the edges are detailed with the small round botton, i shade with a 55 face 90 singlepoint:

Here is a pic after shading is completed:

Setting a 1.5 mm diamond:

diamond installed:

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks Barry, this has been an incredibly interesting thread. I have learned a great deal from your comments and many of the other comments made. I had already printed out all of the pics and put them in a binder.

Thanks again.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oops. Sorry Barry... I was half asleep when I posted that, meant to put it in a new thread not clutter yours.

Latest posts

Sponsors