Baselworld 2008 - Silver loupe

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member

Sterling silver jewelers loupe engraved as a show demonstration.

pkasnes

I was waiting for you to show what you engraved at the Baselworld. Beautiful flowers, and something different then you have engraved at shows before. I love the blured background, it create such depth.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
Hope you don't mind this question, but, how did you blur the back ground? You know me slow on the up take.

Sandy

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
wow!! definitiv top class!! Pity I couldn't come over to say hello and take a look at it...
Have a safe travel back,Sam!!

Sam

Staff member
Thanks folks. I appreciate the kind words.

Sandy: After engraving and stippling, the background leaves and stems were lightly burnished-in with my scriber.

Frank P: Sorry we don't get to see you this year!

~Sam

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
sam,you were the nudge to my purchase of the airtact, and i really am very very happy with it.. what a great tool!! Guess you did this one with it as well?! Which settings did you use on that one???
That one really looks good, especially out-of-the- border leaves and stems.. just great!!

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
oooh, by the way.. I F you got some time left, i can recommend a visit to the Barfusser platz church.. the historical museum in there (especially the basement) has some superb silverwork, engraved stuff,goldsmith models etc, sure you will like it..:cool:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
You always do something that just blows me away. That is really cool. Thanks for explaining how you do that.
Sandy

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, the loop looks great. What settings did you use on your camera? Apature? Shutter speed, and then did you need to compress it with smart saver? What size was it when you first shot it?
I have been practicing with my canon rebel and am about ready to expose my self.

Ed

Sam

Staff member
Ed: I believe the ISO was set to 100 with aperture priority stopped down to f7.1 (i think). It was taken with a 12mp Canon point-and-shoot camera at the show. Sorry I don't have more info. I hope to get some better shots when we get back to the States, but this ain't bad for a benchtop photo on the road. / ~Sam

noud peters

Hi Sam,
Nice to have meet you at the Basel show. We passed later on sunday and it was very crowded at the stand of glendo. You did a nice job and the loupe is great.

Noud Peters from Holland