Beading Tools

papart1

Elite Cafe Member
Thread starter #1
Rob here with a question for my brothers and sisters, I reecently purchased a pack of beading tools from Tira and now I have to find out how to use them. Are they used with my Artisan under power? Or Are they used with a hammer please?

Last edited:
Traditionaly beading tools were used by hand. The tool is inserted in to a wooden handle. That looks like a graver-handle. But with a hole the size of the beading tool. Then you would push and rotate on the metal burr you would want to turn in to a bead.

Now as Jerry said, you can also use them in your handpiece. Try different power settings. And see what you like and what works.

I believe that they are not used with a hammer. But it might work.

If the tools get dull you can reshape them and make a working beading tool out of it again. Or use the old tool and sharpen it in to a graver.

papart1

Elite Cafe Member
Thread starter #6
Thanks to all who responded to my question on beading tools. I will try both, handle and power assist. Thanks...Rob

WMS

In my experience as a jeweler beading blocks are of limited use, as modern beading tools are both hard and tough. Therefore they do not reshape easily. The ones I purchase are under a dollar each (less if bought in quanities of 3 or 10). The old dull ones are a ready source of quality hardened tool steel which is easily reshaped into other tools, making replacement a very viable option in my not so humble opinion.
http://www.ottofrei.com/glardon-vallorbe-beading-tools

WMS

I believe that both of these vendors are selling the same tool. I have no financial arrangement with ether of them and have done business with both, however I have ordered more over the years from Otto Frei.

Latest posts

Sponsors