Benches and studios

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
What a great thread. At some point I'm going to want to set up a proper work bench and there's some wonderfull ideas being presented here. Thanks to everyone that has participated. As for me, I have two. One in the basement where I engrave and one in the garage where I build guns and do a little bit of engraving. As much as I hate it, I seem to always be working in a perpetual state of chaos.:eek:

Attachments

• engdesk.jpg
    engdesk.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,279
  • shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,225
  • shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,146

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Jim, yep, its Southbend 8" 4 jaw chuck, the spindle is from a versa-vise that went kaput. Its smaller than the chuck opening but (the chuck)is so heavy it dont move till you move it (rotate). I put a little cup grease on it from time to time & remove the chips also when I think about it but thats about all. It holds just about anything, I cut hmr & chsl so its perfect for me. Crude but effective.:D
Kent
attached pic is a capper i did some time ago.

Attachments

• DSCN1395.JPG
    DSCN1395.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,146

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Kent, I've been tearing the house apart trying to find something to cut. I HAVE one of those cappers, great idea, Thanks for sharing. Woohoo, off to the shop:D

Cody

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
QUOTE=Abigail;1655]Here is Sam's studio. We finally had to move it outside where the light was beter.
Abigail[/QUOTE]

Hi Abi,
I am so jealous. Storage space and a beer fridge.
;)

Magnus Jensen

Sam,
I guess you have to post it since you´ve been talking about this "ground zero bench". Everybody wants to see what world war of engraving looks like.
Can it really be that bad since you are such a nice fellow?
Or is it possible that Abigail could cool of our curiosity with a papa ratsi photo.

Magnus Jensen

Here is Sam's studio. We finally had to move it outside where the light was beter.
Abigail
Abigail, when I wrote my post you did what I hoped for and Iám speachless this is BAD and I have got a new picture of this Mr Sam Alfano.
Its nice thou that you did get this mess out of the house. Bolt the door so it not comes back inside.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One thing about Sam's studio... GREAT lighting!
I have a feeling that seeing Sam's studio will be much like seeing "Norm's" wife on CHEERS... We'll only have to use our imagination.....

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My picture became so small I tried so hard to make it in an acceptable size, but as everybody can see I am no good with the computer.:mad: :mad:
If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Magnus: I replaced the picture in your post with the one you emailed me. It's now large enough to see.
Here's a direct link to your photo: Magnus' Workbench / ~Sam

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
About 15 in the interchangeable collection, all classics, don't wear battery watches--they have no soul.Only two parts of the day I worry about , night and day, accuracy doesn't matter.Oh yeah, tomorrow follows yesterday,thats very important becuause I don't know where today went.
Regards
Rod

A man after my own heart! To hell with batteries. On an accuracy note I've had old pin lever escapement watches that kept better time than my GMT Rolex and loud too, I just love to hear it tick like it has a bell in it.:D

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My version of a workbench

Here's a few pictures of my workbench. Basically I have two engraving stations. One for hemmer and chisel work which uses a kickwheel. I also use this station for my banknote game scenes using my optivisor. The next one is the typical microscope station. i use a drill press table with a GRS lazy Susan on top of the table. I find I like rotating my work this way and it is a smoother turn. The Gravermach is mounted under the bench to my right out of the way. I do have long handpice hoses so I can use the machine at either station.

Attachments

• marty1.jpg
    marty1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,264
  • marty2.jpg
    marty2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,202
  • marty3.jpg
    marty3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,261

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam....the pictures came out too small.....if you can tweek them a little larger I would appreciate it
Thanks
Marty

revised junk

This simple mind needs a clean bench...its just hard to look out the window, across the golf course and up into the Idaho mountains :rolleyes:

Attachments

• View From Doorway   11-06.jpg
    View From Doorway 11-06.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • View From Reloading Bench   11-06.jpg
    View From Reloading Bench 11-06.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • View From the Bench 1  1-06.jpg
    View From the Bench 1 1-06.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,060