best wishes to all from the monkster

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
lately i've been sitting in front of a monitor far longer than i ever thought possible. i've spent quite a bit of time poring over fotos and reading info and comments. fearing i would create a typo or something like that. but the task has given me the feeling of perhaps being just a bit closer to a really great bunch of people. i have completed the main portion of the task i set about, and now i wish to just say it's been a pleasure to serve you all in this manner. merry christmas and god bless you all !

M

mcrapo

Monk

Thanks for all you have done / and all that you continue to do. It really is appreciated.

Mike

Andrew Biggs

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones as well Monk.

You're doing a fantastic job and it's really appreciated by the forum members. The photo gallery is an amazingly eclectic collection of some really beautiful works of art and shows a really broad range of diverse talents. A truly inspirational resource.

Next year I say you, me and Tira all form a union and negotiate at least triple what we are getting now and double our current annual holidays :D :D :D

Cheers
Andrew

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the help, Monk! You've done a great job with the gallery and it has allowed us to keep on task with the other daily chores. Have a great Christmas and a relaxing time with the family. :)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Monk..MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and to your family. Looked at the photo gallery the other day and hat's off to you for a marvelous job.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, you and your family have a Merry Christmas and thanks for all the work you have put into this forum...
Bless
Jerry

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You've gone beyond the call of duty, Monk. Thanks to you, hundreds of photos which were lost in a sea of old threads and posts have now been placed in the gallery for all to enjoy.

I'm getting some business cards printed with the Cafe logo on them to give to students and people I meet in my travels, and I was thinking I'd like some sort of slogan on the card. I came up with "The Internet's coolest hand engraving hangout" You've certainly done your part to make to make it cool!

Best of holiday cheers to you and your family.

~Sam & Abigail

monk

Staff member
yeah, andrew- you , tira, and i will strike for better working conditions for the new year coming up !

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Merry Christmas Monk!
Thanks for the great gift you've given us all.

I've been thinking about this forum - and especially the gallery.

I do my best to look as much of the great engraving here as I can, not just because it's so nice to look at but to help train myself to only see the good stuff.

Let me explain what I'm talking about.

Back in 1996 my ever-indulgent wife got me a good camera so I could get back into photography. At that time her standard was 'shove the camera into the face / center and fire away'. Just not good.

But I noticed something a few years later. Slowly, without me noticing it at the time, she had become quite a good photographer. She never studied it - still doesn't really know any of the 'photography stuff' and just leaves her camera on automatic. But her composition! After a few years of looking at thousands of my photographs (where I was generally at least trying for good composition) something in her head reset and when she takes a picture she automatically tries to make it look 'right'.

That's the sort of thing I'm hoping happens to me - that as I look at more and more well-done engraving I get trained in what's right well enough that I start doing things right myself.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family and a best of all NEW YEAR. Thanks for a great job with the photos, and most of all thanks for your kind words earlier this year. gailm

Sponsors