Big Gun Big Scroll Other Side and Start of Quail

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a pic of the otherside. I also started one of the Quails. I am headed to the GM tommorow and will have to finish it there. I will post some pics when its all done. Thanks for all the kind remarks. I will see many of you there for the weekend Chris

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 619

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's really sweet Chris. The scroll has a real impression of acanthus and I like the way you've dealt with the '3 part' leaves in this design. No doubt the bulino scene will be of the highest quality as usual! How many hours do you have in this to this stage?

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Marcus. You are right, the design is far from traditional in the sense that it's a compilation of design elements that are just things I like. I don't like to follow a particular style. Instead I like to make it my own. As you can see it's influenced by many styles. The one exception I have to following the rules is when it comes to small english scroll. After taking your fathers GM course and with help and explination from you. I find that this style looks best when the rules are applied and followed. The one thing about any scroll to me is that it has movement. It can be complicated but it needs to have continuity as well. A good example of this is the spaggeti style gun that Lee posted a while back. I think it is one of the best examples of this style Ive seen.
The hours that I have in the gun so far is 42, including drawing. I will probably spend another ten on the scene. Chris

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful Chris. I would have thought what you have done so far would be MUCH more than 42 hours.

Hope to see it completed.

yakob

can we see a high resolution photo of this so we can see the shading lines?

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Chris....Is this a second model 12 that you are doing in this pattern....I have your casting of a model 12 in this pattern that you did a while back.....did you ever make any castings of the right side?

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors