Carved shotgun

en2siastic

Hello friends,

I saw the beautiful carved plate of Frank P, and I wanted to share these pictures of a 1900 shotgun, with amazing carving and gold inlay.
Not bad I think!:)
Francis.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_WEB.jpg
    IMG_0001_WEB.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_WEB.jpg
    IMG_WEB.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG3_WEB.jpg
    IMG3_WEB.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0002_WEB.jpg
    IMG_0002_WEB.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 164

Andrew Biggs

Hi Francis

Thank you very much for posting those pictures.

That is a triple A plus, seriousley WOW peice of workmanship. Truley stunning and remarkable!!!!!!!

When you say 1900 shotgun. Is that the type of gun or the year 1900 that it was done?

I could look at that for hours.

Cheers
Andrew

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love this kindof stuff.

Francis, I will be in Antwerp Thursday and Friday, then down Phillip'es and Alain's on the weekend. You going to be anywhere where we could drink a beer together?

Or let me see this gun in person?

en2siastic

Hi Andrew,
The gun was made in France for the international show of year 1900.
Hello Scott,
I'll be happy to have a beer with you, I live near Philippe's place. I wish I would be the owner of this gun, but I only have pictures of it. Anyway you can find pictures of this gun, as well as portrait of Phil and Alain in Claude Gaier book "Gravures d'Armes de Chasse". There is an english version of this book.
Francis.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Francis..Thanks for sharing these photos with us...the workmanship is incredible. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
just goes to show what can be done when there is no television to get in yer way. how about that gargoyle lookin in the serpents' mouth? that can be dangerous !

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not bad, indeed! I think I have seen this gun in person some where, but can't recall. It is the highest in quality and definately masterfully done. Beautiful!! Thanks for the showing. Ron S

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You know what blows me away as much or maybe more than the job? It's the thought process, imagination, and vision to see subject matter like that in a raw piece of metal and cut away the surplus till it looks like what we see in those photos. Just unimaginable! Wish I could see the way he sees...

Printed in English as Art of Gun Engraving pages 86 & 87. Book Finder.con has used HB copies starting at $20. Amazon has used Paperback copies starting at $120???

A truly beautiful book.

Brad Hartliep

Absolutely Incredible! That is pure art! Amazing what can be done with a little creativity. Surely this is in some museum somewhere - anybody know where? I'll bet the pictures don't even come close to doing it the justice it deserves. Would love to see it in person.