Corel Draw Glitch?

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, I have corel draw 8 and when I try to save my drawing, about 75% of the time the program crashes. I am using windows XP home edition. Has anyone had similar problems and how did you fix it? I bought the program used. Other than that problem it works fine. Thanks Ken

finn

Elite Cafe Member
have you tryed to re install the program ? or maybe go in the program to help there is normaly a option to "update" or check for updates. sometimes that will fix problems.

M

mcrapo

Have you tries to see if there are any updates for the program on Corel's web site? If there are, download and apply them. Also sometimes a program will crash because of a bad install. Sometimes it helps to uninstall and reinstall the program. Also could be a unstable install of you OS, or a piece of hardware of yours that is going out.

Have you contacted Corel's customer support about it yet, they may have ideas, and/or someone who can help you over the phone.

Mike

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
You sometimes can pickup later versions on Ebay for a good price. Of course you have to carefull.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ken

Corel 8 is getting quite old now..............definatley check Sam's advice. I've experienced this type of thing with other programmes when we upgrade our computers at work.

Cheers
Andrew

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Check e-bay for sure. I bought CorelDraw X3 from a vendor for $84.00 and it works great. The reason for the low price was the original box was water damaged and they had to get rid of them somehow...he had 4 available. All I got in the mail was the four discs in paper sleeves, but it all downloaded with no problem. Now I need to learn how to use it, and Andrew's presentation from the last FEGA seminar is excellent.

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the advice, I checked and it was made for windows NT and 95. I just thought any later version would work. I guess not. I may have to get a newer version. Thanks Ken

finn

Elite Cafe Member
if you want to try Adobe

By the way if you ever want to try Adobe products…like illustrator, or photo shop, and would like to know how to better use them . but don’t have some $money$ for a class here is a link to the latest CS3 products ( I use them and they are great)

when you click this link it will open up a turorial ( just click on the upper X right hand side ) and pick the product you want on the left then scroll down to pick the topic you would like to learn.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/?id=vid0026

it’s a great way to learn just click and watch how to use the tools there is all of the adobe products here and lots of great tutorials
have fun