Corel Draw

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have an extremely limited need for Corel Draw, but it's an ongoing application, not a one-time thing that someone can do for me. I've been told that a license may be used for two devices/computers. Anybody care to go in on a copy? Or is there some way to get a legit version without shelling out $500 for something I'll use maybe once a month, if that?

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have an extremely limited need for Corel Draw, but it's an ongoing application, not a one-time thing that someone can do for me. I've been told that a license may be used for two devices/computers. Anybody care to go in on a copy? Or is there some way to get a legit version without shelling out $500 for something I'll use maybe once a month, if that?
I bought my copy (2018) at office max/staples for $89.00, purchased the student copy, only drawback is it didn't come with the online support or an instruction booklet, had to muddle my way through the program but found all of the important parts needed to convert to bitmap, trace and size the work. I don't use it for designing. They never asked for proof of being a student etc.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bought my copy (2018) at office max/staples for $89.00, purchased the student copy, only drawback is it didn't come with the online support or an instruction booklet, had to muddle my way through the program but found all of the important parts needed to convert to bitmap, trace and size the work. I don't use it for designing. They never asked for proof of being a student etc.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I need the basic ability to import, resize, & position images on a page for another application, with virtually no need to really 'create' or 'draw' anything. It's so simple I could do it in any decent word processing program like MS Word or Word for Mac, but they're not compatible.

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Howdy Mitch, it’s been awhile , hope you are well, I have been using Corel version 11 for years, it will do what you are looking for . If you want I can send a copy to you , pm me . Take care

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I used to use Corel Draw. It has been a while but my first copy was purchased from Amazon I think. It was an edition that was out of date but it worked for me at the time. I paid very little. It was a time when you bought CD's and installed on your computer. I don't know if you can do that today as most programs today must be downloaded. Older CD's might be available. I'd take a look and search for it. I wouldn't be afraid of installing an older CD on your computer if you find one. Also talk to a techie.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Check out AFFINITY. They are an English outfit making a run at Corel and Adobe Illustrator. Less than $100. Go online and see if that will do what you want.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I used to use Corel Draw. It has been a while but my first copy was purchased from Amazon I think. It was an edition that was out of date but it worked for me at the time. I paid very little. It was a time when you bought CD's and installed on your computer.
I still use PaintShop Pro by JASC and it predates Corel Draw by years. It was bought out by Corel in 2004, and turned in to Corel Draw. I still use it and it does almost everything I need. I don't know how much Corel changed it when they purchased it. There is a version available today from them.

PaintShop Pro Family - Subscription-Free, Professional Photo Editing Software

monk

Staff member
Howdy Mitch, it’s been awhile , hope you are well, I have been using Corel version 11 for years, it will do what you are looking for . If you want I can send a copy to you , pm me . Take care
i used cd v11 for a very long time.recently began using v2020. i wish i had kept v11 !

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You used to be able to buy older versions on ebay for less than $50. You probably don't need the latest and greatest version for occasional use. Just make sure whatever you buy will run on your computer by checking the version's system requirements.

Nowadays most softwares are downloaded and not on DVDs, so there might not be many options for buying an older version.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A fellow Cafe member has graciously offered to give me an older version (thanks!). If that proves insufficient, today in Office Depot I saw they have a Corel Essentials 2020 for only $130 that should more than fit my needs (assuming my computer can handle it).
IMG_7677.jpeg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A fellow Cafe member has graciously offered to give me an older version (thanks!). If that proves insufficient, today in Office Depot I saw they have a Corel Essentials 2020 for only $130 that should more than fit my needs (assuming my computer can handle it).
View attachment 46992
I see Essentials online for $99. Most "essential" editions are stripped down versions of the more expensive ones. That's not a bad thing if it does what you're needing. A lot of times the more expensive suite versions are a slew of apps that a lot of people don't need and the lighter versions are just fine.

monk

Staff member
i recently got cd 2020. yikes. i design on my lptop and save all filels in v11 for periperals i use. 2020 has amazing stuff, but likely never needed for enraving jmho

williamsmall

Hi
guys can I ask I use coreldraw x7 and until lately I was using SP6 (SuperPro 6) to send my g-code to my engraver but I broke my CD I engrave on a Wizzard ST machine which is older than Methuselah as is SP6. Anyway Im interested to how to send my artwork to the Wizzard ST now that I have lost SP6. Any ideas?