Current engraving

Jordi

Here is the scene on the other side. Next week I'll post the photos in the photo gallery.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jordi,

I love the composition here, as well as your faultless execution! The ever so slightly off-center eye of the deer is the center of attention, as we gently intrude on its privacy in the pastoral scene. It gives us a casual glance, with no sense of alarm. I also love the mix of tight scroll, over-reached by the big sweep of leafy foliage. Well done!

What a rich canvas of artistic expression you have in your wonderful city. I never tire of wandering in Barcelona.

best wishes!

Rod

Jordi

Rod, Ron and Christiaan, I'm glad you like it.

Rod, thanks for such a deep and nice interpretation of the scene. You really express in words what I wanted to show in an image.
Ron, I bought your book at Reno 2005 and it's been always a source of inspiration and knowledge for me. Thanks to all for your support.
It was nice meeting you both in the Grand Masters 2006.

These are the last two images before posting the final photos of the mounted firearm in the photo gallery.

(I will use this thread to post pictures of my next works in progress from now on. For finished works I will use the photo gallery)

Ozgraver

Very nicely done Jordi; it's florid yet restrained. Some modern gun engravers seemed to be determined to leave no surface untouched, but you have included plenty of classical engraving without making it look crowded and messy.
The restrained use of gold is appropriate and a nice touch too.

Jordi

Thanks Oz and Otto.

In this work I used the Gravermach, with a 90º glensteel square graver for most of it.
For the hardest spots (just the zones above the rosete) I used Lindsay's tungsten carbide graver.

Last edited:

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
Jordi , that is just fantastic , you and Chris de. do great work and thanks for posting .. ron p