Cyrano de Bergerac

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Cafe members,
My latest sacrifice to the ebay gods.....
Part of my effort to raise funds for a trip to Kansas this month.
Any other members taking Steve Dunn's knife engraving class?
Enjoy,
Stephen

Attachments

• cyrano1 001_edited-1.jpg
    cyrano1 001_edited-1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 235

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WOW...that is REALLY nice. Has a very clean look to the carving.

Thanks for posting it.

Peter

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Stephen!
I can't even spell it let alone carve it. I bet I see some relief stuff on your shotgun, huh?

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent. You really made the date pop with that boarder. Your gold work is also very well done.

Jeff

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work.Your humor and the fun you have doing your work shows.you definatly have your own style.What power magnification do you normally work under?

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Stephen,
You should have no trouble paying for your Kansas trip with this one. Your coins are so crisp, they are always fun to see.
gailm

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your work is beyond belief. esp your background treatments. such diversity in each piece is a real treat to see. like with groucho.

finn

Elite Cafe Member
Steve Dunn is the first hand engraver I ever met . nice guy he was at a blade show FL Disnyworld and let me sit down and use the Graver Max for hours, very fun day.
Nice coin just looked it up on e-bay , love your borders around the coins you make !

Keep up the good work

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Cafe members,
The coins allows me to practice many aspects of engraving.
Layout, design, relief work, borders, inlays, and even lettering. More importantly, I learn to use and control my tools.
The fact there are collectors of hobo nickels and the ebay market through which to sell to the collectors allows me to get paid to practice. Granted, the money is not great. However, it is enough to support my engraving hobby.

Rex, I am looking forward to your class this summer. If time allows, you will see relief work from me.

Andrew, I like the idea of some sculpturing or bulino work on the shotgun. However, the week of class flies by so fast with so much to learn, I doubt there will be time. Perhaps upon my return home..

Joseph, The microsope has allowed me to see and engrave with greater detail. I adjust the scope between .7 to 1.5 for most of my work...

Monk, I've fallen in love with a hammered background, as of late... I do a lot of stippling for texture and color.

Finn, The borders allow me to relief deeper for a more sculptured appearance... Besides, one day I would like to take Sam's jewelry engraving class and I will need to do a border or two... This border was a bailout, the entire coin was a struggle and I did not want to put any additional time into it...

Thanks, for the positive feedback...
Stephen

Danny C

Hey SDC

You need to get to e-bay right now - there is a coin there that looks EXACTLY like yours! This guy as taken your idea and is selling it. He even has your initials!

Jon C. Dake

Stephen: Very cool coin. Just when I think that I am making some sort of inroads into coin carving I see yet another one of your incredible works of art and realize just how much further I have to go. I actually really like this border. Very equal line divisions and the border does a great job of framing the carving and yet doesn't detract from the carving.