Question: deleted responses or postings

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have noticed that I have added posts to threads today and in the past that have not appeared. I have not used inappropriate language and I beleive I have followed the rules. A thread may not be the appropriate place to discuss this but was unable to send private message to Sam and the rules thread is closed. I beleive that when a posting is deleted or excluded that the person who placed the post should be notified if a moderator feels that it was inappropriate. I enjoy the forum very much and try to take an active part, I have learned a great deal and truely enjoy the comrodery with other engravers. Fred Marrinan

Andrew Biggs

Hi Fred

We only moderate posts in certain ways.

New people coming onto the forum have to have 3 posts approved before they can feely participate. This stops spammers etc. It's quite common that they will repeat their post several times and the repeated ones get deleted and original kept.

The only other posts that are deleted are seriously inapropriate ones or abusive. And that is pretty rare.............but the poster is always notified so they know why.

I have looked at the postings and can't see any of yours that have been deleted. So I really don't know what has happened to your posts I'm sorry.

Cheers.
Andrew

PS. I've just double checked and the only deleted posts for the last few days are people that have self deleted or repeat posts from people still being moderated.

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Andrew. It is possible that I made an errors in posting. the others i posted at the same time all went through this time and the times before-Thanks again for the response Fred

Andrew Biggs

Hi Fred

No worries.

I've done it myself. Typed something out and only to find I can't find my post anywhere...........Which means I probabley hit the wrong button at the end :)

Cheers
Andrew

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello Fred,

I can't imaging where the posts are either. You are way beyond the original moderation. Sometimes if I'm entering a lengthy post and get called away it "times out" somehow before I get back to finish it. Half the time I can just sign back on and continue, but the other half results in a half post that goes to ???? the great beyond.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I had them not go thru but just re-wrote them and tried again, we are using computers. Sometimes I figuire it my Father saying get back to work and stop playing around.
Sometimes he's right. I just chalk it up to ghost in the machine.

Last edited:

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
I've had my computer crash in the middle of typing a response to a tread and got lucky that I use Firefox as it brought me back to where I was without losing a thing I had typed prier to the crash.:thumbs up: Thank you Firefox!!!

Kevin

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Fred, this happens alot when your post is large. Some one once said, it is better to type your message first in WORD, or NOTEPAD, copy and paste your message to the message area on the forum. I used that method the last few big posts that I did and no problem.

Thanks for participating

Ed

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fred,
I've had similar experiences, but figured I must have selected a wrong option. I've used the "Go Advanced" button which shows your post, but you still need to "Post" it to have it put in the thread.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nothing deleted by me either, Fred. FYI, all deleted posts are still viewable by the administrator and moderators so we all know when something's been removed.

I have private messaging disabled for my account simply because I can't handle the volume of messages I get, most of which are simple problems which can be resolved by reading the HELP sticky. I'm easy to reach by email and if any member has any issues they are welcome to email me and all get a response.

Sorry for the problems. It happens from time to time and I suspect it's server related. Good advice on long posts...write them in Notepad and copy/paste just to be safe.

Cheers / ~Sam

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, Thank you for your concern. It is just odd that I responded to several threads yesterday and only a couple posted. I use the same method for all so maybe the server did not mind its biz thanks again Fred

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
electrospooks do that. happens to me now and again. little electrogremlins living in the copper wires eat electrons !

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes people hit the preview button instead of the send button. They think it's been sent, but it disappears when paging back to the thread.

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
My usual tactic is to hit the "Previous Thread" button instead of the "Post Quick Reply" button (and vice versa). - though now that I think about it, the gremlins are surely at fault here as well...
Gary