Digital Photos

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Sam I just got a Nikon D40X and have started thaking pics of all the Nikon 35mm cameras and the lens...
I have alot of lens for the 35mm and some are special from all the years of accumlating...
Most are auto focus except the wide angle...
If you need any for the Nikon let me know...
I may put them on eBay, but rather the forum friends share...
Thanks for for sharing your info at Scotts on Photo Info and on this Forun...
Thanks Again,
Abigail I have shared your Humming Birds with so many of my friends... Don't be suprised if you have a big group of people parked in four front yard... Hope not...

JL Seymour Jerry

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jerry: I really appreciate it, but Abigail and I switched to Canon gear a couple of years ago. What you have is no doubt excellent stuff, and hopefully it'll do better on eBay than my Nikon gear did. Mine were older manual focus lenses and an F3HP body. Got $300 for the whole thing...body and about 5 lenses.

Good luck with your new D40X. We'll all be anxious to see some of your latest shots with it. Here's one shot with our 20D and 85mm f1.2 lens.

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Getting a little more from your camera

Sam
Forgive an old photographer
She's too cute to look at off color so I took the liberty of a quick tweak on the image to see what she might look like without the blue cast your camera imparts.

Let me know how this looks on your screen

Getting it the image out is half the fun. The rest of the joy is watching the little ones have fun.

sam_DCE.jpg

Sam

Staff member
You warmed her up a bit and she looks better. Thanks, Steve. Abigail and I shoot for a magazine and did an article on the place where the cute kid was riding.

Scott: yeah, f1.2 makes smoooooth backgrounds, but the razor thin depth of field makes shooting very difficult and the keeper rate is quite low. The flower shot was taken in a train station in Tokyo.

Attachments

• IMG_3036-sm.jpg
    IMG_3036-sm.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 79

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I feel for you Sam, it's so hard to use f1.2 isn't it? First you shovel out megabucks, then you have to have arms like Arnold to lug that beast around, then you scare kids with its huge front lens and after all that trouble you still have only 2mm of sharp area in your photos... I mean...

Maybe you wanna exchange it for my 50/1.8? It's wider, lighter, bigger DOF and doesn't scare kids so much. ;)

Viljo

Sam

Staff member
Viljo: Yes, it's all true what you say, but when you DO get that one good shot, it's all worth it! As for little kids, my face scares them anyway, so the lens doesn't matter so much. / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not the face !

it's not the face, you just need a darker shade of wax ! try kiwi #3. the kids will love you sam !:D

maryw

TAYLORS, SC (BETWEEN GREENVILLE & SPARTANBURG
LOVE YOUR PHOTOS! I'm trying to post a photo I made with my little Sony Cyber-shot camera. Not sure I'm doing it right - but we'll see. I'm looking for a new camera. This one is about worn out from the hundreds of pictures I've made with it.
Thanks for sharing.
Oh well - don't think the attachment worked. Still enjoyed your photos.
mary w

Sam

Staff member
a little more than color teaking
check the focus and the details your camera lost somewhere

I saw that you sharpened it a bit, too. At f1.2 there's very little depth of field, so if I can get both eyes reasonably sharp I'm lucky! I'd rather be shooting these, though. 1/800s f/8.0 at 700.0mm (500mm + 1.4x) iso400