Critique Request Eng. small scroll & friends...

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Having participated in Marcus Hunt's fantastic GRS class in English fine scroll, I knew a LOT of practice was going to be necessesary! This is my attempt at doing a project by myself, working to incorporate what I'd learned (at least some of it, anyway). Aside from line overruns, critiques and suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 299

steichman

Cloudy, that looks great! Marcus ran a good class so much to learn and only five days to try to cram it all in. You got a good deal out of the time you spent.
Steve

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Cloudy, your cutting looks like it's done with confidence and is vastly improved. Well done. My main critique would be - watch your direction of growth. Remember, scrolls grow in one direction first and then alternate? Here you have several scrolls growing in the same direction as the one they're growing from. This is a "No, no" so if in doubt have a look at your tips sheet and your 'rules of scrollwork'. That being said, do finish this with any cutting away and shading that needs to be done.

Overall it looks like you've come on leaps and bounds since the class. Well done, glad you enjoyed the class and keep practicing!

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Guys! Gets really interesting when you have to remember everything you learned all at once, by yourself ;-)
I have the other side with Damar varnish and chalk- just waiting for time to sit down and do "something else"- and I won't forget the shading, Marcus!

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew- it was billed as a knife, had blank sides and was very cheap- and yes, it does look strange!
Marcus- those 2 drawing sessions were of great help!!!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nice lookin, cool, too ! you must have remained awake in class ! looks like you got your moneys worth !