Engraved key tag

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This was a show demonstration for Baselword 2007. Dyma Semenets of Alexandre School in Belgium did the diamond setting, and I did the engraving. The material is nickel silver with a less than perfect finish. The engraving was done with a common 120° graver using a GraverMach with Airtact.

Cheers / Sam

Attachments

• IMG_5318-sm.jpg
    IMG_5318-sm.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 265

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Simply stunning, Sam! Those nickel silver tags do cut nicely and look good. Stone setting is on my list of new things to learn this year. I've already had a couple of demos, I just need to get hold of some burs for my Emax now and give it a go.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful Sam.
As I was looking at that, I was thinking that sure would look nice on the front of a banjo body.
Mike

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
My keys would look great on that. I just had a birthday ya'know. Actually I'd be afraid to put keys on it because it is so nice. Beautiful! Steve

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful key fob, lots of "BLING". Now your going to have to get you a Cadillac Escalade with some big flashy rims to match your new key fob :D Brian

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As already said, that is simply stunning. From the loop, to the border, and the letter. I will take a copy for my archives if you don't mind.

Peter

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Wow Sam!! Another killer piece. Flat out beautiful.
Hard to believe this was done as a demo piece with all the distractions.
Especially love the border, so crisp and clean.
May I ask? Who made the key tag?
John B.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,
You may not be aware of it but Sam does a lot of this type of stuff. While at the instructors meeting this year, I had Sam do some work for me.....
:)

Attachments

• Rex grill2.jpg
    Rex grill2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 41

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wow Sam!! Another killer piece. Flat out beautiful.
Hard to believe this was done as a demo piece with all the distractions.
Especially love the border, so crisp and clean.
May I ask? Who made the key tag?
John B.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your kind words.

John: The most difficult thing is to not get bumped when engraving at a show, since my back is to the isle. I lucked out on this one.

I'm not sure who made the tag. It's just an inexpensive nickel silver tag with a mill finish. GRS sells them. / ~Sam

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Thanks for the name of the supplier for the key tags Sam.
I will include some with my next GRS order.
Sure glad no one bumped into you on that demo, a great piece.
But it's all just luck, as you say. Ha ha!!!
John B.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Devil, they say, is in the details! Well if that's so, then he would be happy owning this fob, this is one hell of a piece! The execution is flawless, as usual, but I especially admire how you took a classic border and made it look absolutely "sculpted" with your perfect shading. Most of us would essentially ignore the top ring, or at best, draw some concentric circles in it etc. The design you created to tie the ring into the border is one of those " why didn't I think of that" concepts! I am not ashamed to admit that I could see myself stealing that element for another use sometime in the future!

However, I must take umbridge with you invading my turf. The dental work should be done only by the licenced pros., do not try this at home! The fancy grille work is my domain.

Keep 'em coming,

Mark

monk

Staff member
my last name is swartzfeger. that's right, it starts with an "s". my birthday is comin up. come on , what more is to be said ?