FEGA 2016 - A big THANK YOU!!!

NicGregson

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone that made me feel welcome at the FEGA show in Las Vegas. I travelled from Oz specifically to see high end gun and knife engraving close up and I wasn't disappointed. A lot of questions were answered just by seeing the pieces up close in person. It has given me some much needed inspiration, coming from a fairly stale jewellery industry in Sydney.
But thank you again to everyone that made me feel welcome as I was travelling alone and was my first OS trip. First day there was absolutely overwhelming....in terms of scope of work and also how big the show was in general....also I think jet lag had a big role to play lol.
I will most certainly make the journey again in a years time. I encourage anyone from Australia who hasn't been to go. Everyone is super friendly and just to see some of these pieces in the flesh is amazing.
Sorry I wish I could've posted it earlier but I only just arrived back from the US yesterday from New Orleans.
Thanks again SamW, Andrew Biggs and Roger B for letting me chew your ear off so to speak, and also, thanks again Andrew for you encouraging me to go, it was better tha expected. And also thanks for the heads up about New Orleans Sam Alfano and your wonderful sculpting demo. It was great to see and hold the finished piece.
Hopefully see you guys in a year.
Cheers,
Nic

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Nic, it was as much a pleasure for us that you came all that way for our show. When FEGA was started no one and I mean NO one would have believed engravers would come from so far away to attend the show. This year we had you show up and a young engraver, Tsu from China. Just blew me away. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Meanwhile, questions, as you no doubt already know, get answered here in abundance. Regards!

Andrew Biggs

Hey, Nic

It was great meeting you at the show.

I would encourage anyone to attend in the future. If you are after inspiration, ideas, friendship and a wonderful learning experience, then you can't beat the annual FEGA show.

As creative people we all need our batteries recharged and I can't think of a better place to do that.

Roll on next year and it'll be great to see you again :)

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nice meeting you Nic, and many thanks for taking such a long journey to FEGA. Hope you had fun in New Orleans, and we'll look forward to seeing you next year :D

~Sam

Sponsors