Flying!

Gordon

Sam my career for over 30 years was as an aeronautical cartographer for FAA. I made and reviewed the Visual Charts and the Instrument Approach Procedure Charts
Oh, mdengraver.... So YOU"RE the one who dreamed up that awful NDB approach for Runway 18 (One-Eight) at OXC!! It's been decommissioned, but it was a pain in the butt! I always wondered who the sadistic folks were that designed some of those approaches, but then again, I'm still here to talk about it so I guess I owe you a "thank you".

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Sam!
I remember that was feeling a bit lonesome during my first few solos... but what a rewarding achievement and pleasure! Great activity, - just demanding enough for you.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do (without engine)!
Safe flights and happy landings!
Martin

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Don Glaser was quite an enthusiast of soaring. I have only been in a sailplane once...but then I was also only in a B-52 once. Both very memorable!!

Yes I remember when Don got into soaring. He didn’t own a sailplane but had a Cessna and Citabria. He took me for a memorable ride in the Citabria!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congratulations Sam!
I remember that was feeling a bit lonesome during my first few solos... but what a rewarding achievement and pleasure! Great activity, - just demanding enough for you.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do (without engine)!
Safe flights and happy landings!
Martin

Thank you Martin! Really good to hear from you my friend! I hope you’re doing well.

Sponsors