Foot Control

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
Hi. I was looking at the new GRAVERMACH ON THE GRS TOOLS WEB SITE ,AND I M WONDRING IF THE

NEW FOOT CONTROL IS THE SAME AS THE PRIOR VERSION , OR IS it A MODIFIED ONE. THANK FOR YOUR

HELP.

WINSTON.

Last edited:

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
AraMis. calling them is a good option, But First I want to hear form the pros. This is Why we have this Forum. Thank you

Last edited:

DaveH

the new foot control has a more progressive power delivery. In the first half of pedal travel, you only get to 20% of the power. In the last half, you get the other 80%. So, in the first half, you get a nice gradual supply of power for fine control, and then the power kicks in for the heavier stuff.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm not really sure about the foot pedal, but I can tell you that the GraverMach has greatly improved control and performance over its predecessor the GraverMax. I think you'll find the foot pedal to perform very nicely. / Sam

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This being a good place for a random tip I'll through one in.

In my Basic Engraving class at GRS last year one of the other students had a brilliant idea. Tired of the foot pedal slipping out from under her foot she went over to the Wal-Mart and got some Shelf Paper. She picked one that looks like a light weight woven rubber mat (because it is). A few dollars gave her more than enough for everyone and we all took our little rectangles home. I'm still using mine and my foot pedal never tries to escape while I'm using it. I've got Lee's Intermediate Engraving class coming up in a few weeks and will be bringing a supply with me to class.

Sponsors