Frank Hendricks

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Someone introduced me to Frank while I was pumping gas at a gas station in Texas. I don't remember who made the introduction, but it was after a show and we were all getting gas at the same place at the same time. Our meeting was brief but I will certainly never forget it :)

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Someone introduced me to Frank while I was pumping gas at a gas station in Texas. I don't remember who made the introduction, but it was after a show and we were all getting gas at the same place at the same time. Our meeting was brief but I will certainly never forget it :)

Sam, for most of the 27 years while I was teaching Basic, Advanced engraving and Scrimshaw at both Lassen and Trinidad colleges they allowed me to select and invite an engraver to instruct a Masters class after my five weeks stint.
One year I invited Frank to teach a master class at Lassen and he graciously accepted.
And brought his lovely wife and daughter with him to California.
Frank put on a wonderful class with lots of Texas humor and tons of great instruction.
The class was fully attended by many of our well known engravers.
And naturally, being the helpful person I am :) I volunteered to stay to be Frank's gopher :).
And managed to find myself a bench in a very full class.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
That is good to put in the memory bank Mr. Sam W.
And I recall that your Masters classes were fully booked !
But again I managed to sneak in and learned a lot.