Good gold supplier

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I am looking for a replacement for my current gold supplier. Seemingly more increasingly with the gold I am getting from my current supplier, I hit cavities in the gold sheet that I have inlayed, like there was a bubble when it was poured and then when it is milled into sheet there is a layer of unattached metal. Anyway, I hit one again today and I have had enough.

Who would you recommend for good quality sheet gold?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hoover & Strong. Been buying from them since I started. Ray Viramontez sells gold too, I'm told.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam. Hoover and Strong is who I was thinking about giving a try, but wanted a second opinion before I made my decision. Thats the way I will go then. -Brian

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Brian: Email me if you experience any problems ordering from them. They've changed their requirements as to who can buy from them. Keep me posted and I might be able to help if they don't want to sell to you.

~Sam

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hoover and Strong are okay, but if your buying 24k they want me at least to pay in advance. They will put
everything else on the account. I use them for findings.

For 24k I use G&S Metals out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. They do 24k on the account, and have a clean product.

Jim

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Brian: Email me if you experience any problems ordering from them. They've changed their requirements as to who can buy from them. Keep me posted and I might be able to help if they don't want to sell to you.

~Sam
Thanks, Sam. I will if there is an issue with that.-Brian

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,
If you have or get a rolling mill, your best bet is buy Canada Maple leaf or China's Panda coins and roll your own and draw your own wire...
These 2 are .999 fine with no alloys and now Canada has a .9999 fine or so they say...
Jerry

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Any coin dealer should have any size you should want, the 1 gram Credit Suisse or the Perth Mint make 1gm
and other sizes...
You pay more for Canada and China than Africa or America because they have no alloys...
32gm in troy ounce...
i just looked on eBay and there's a few Credit Suisse on there now...
This link will give you an idea of the current prices...
https://online.kitco.com/bullion/index.html

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
You also pay a stamping charge. Better to buy casting grain if you have the tooling to process it.

Latest posts

Sponsors