Good luck, Sam

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Well Sam and Abigail, it is already the 17th in Africa.
Just want to wish you good luck on the New Great American Artist. We will all rejoice if our vote made you the winner. :D

Be Blessed!!!
Christiaan

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks, Christiaan. We appreciate your support. The competition is tough and any of the nine finalists is certainly worthy of the grand prize. The fact that my photo even made it to the finals is a great honor.

Here in the USA, voting is finished at midnight tonight (Dec 17) with the winner to be announced after Jan 15.

Cheers / ~Sam

Sam

Staff member
Thanks, Gail! Yes, you can vote once per email address.
thank you thank you!

Sam

Staff member
Cafe friends: In response to Mr. Zernike's rant on the Lindsay forum, I would like to assure everyone that Kirkland's is a well known and respected retail establishment in the USA, and the contest is legitimate and not for harvesting email addresses for spam. They currently sell beautiful framed prints of last year's winner and prints of some of the finalists' as well. I'm not sure how he came to such a conclusion, and I'm just setting the record straight.

Cheers / Sam

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hoping you win Sam, I love the photo. I voted from all three of my email addresses, Good luck! Dwayne

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
sam, also in regards to Kirklands ,when you post your vote they give the option not to be on any email list, I have voted several times no emails yet

Sam

Staff member
sam, also in regards to Kirklands ,when you post your vote they give the option not to be on any email list, I have voted several times no emails yet

Very true, Mike. Unchecking the box says no to email. Thanks for your support! / ~Sam

Abigail

Administrator
Hello Everyone,
Yes, tonight the voting closes at midnight. I have to say that even if Sam doesn't win the grand prize, we have already won so much just by Sam making it to the finals in this contest.
The support Sam has recieved from you all...his friends and fellow colleagues has been overwhelming.
Everyday I read a message from someone else who has taken the time to vote for Sam's photo. Sometimes they even take the time to vote with their multiple email addresses and then even pass the info on to their friends and family to vote. I cannot begin to tell you how heart warming this is. You have all given me endless smiles. Therefore, we are already winners.
Thank you so much.
Abigail

;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Very true, Mike. Unchecking the box says no to email. Thanks for your support! / ~Sam
I voted on behalf of the 4 people at our office and on their email addresses.:eek: Then they all got an email from Kirkland thanking them for the vote. I had a lot of explaining to do. But they all understood once I explained. Just told them it is for such a good cause. Told them their email vote (which I made) could change someones destiny. If it was their photo I would have done the same for them. All are happy now.

Abigail

Administrator
Wow. I went to the Kirkland's site this morning and they thanked the ten finalists and the 72000 voters.
72000 ! :eek:
That's ALOT of votes. Someone out there has alot of friends with computers.
Thank you again everyone! :)
Abigail

Sponsors