Gravermax problem

delder

Elite Cafe Member
While using my magnum handpiece at around 2200 strokes / min. , I get a sudden surge. I've tried cleaning my foot pedal,adjusting the pressure up and down, strokes up and down.No change. This is a new problem. I'm not doing anything any different than usual. Any ideas or remedies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Doug

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think your best bet would be to call GRS and ask to speak to J.B. He knows their products VERY well.

Peter

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
When's the last time you cleaned your handpiece? If it's been more than a few days give a thorough cleaning. It's been my experience that nearly all 'jumps' are a result a dirty handpiece. I've never had a problem with the foot pedal. Also, be sure you're setting the air pressure correctly. I apologize if you already know this, but with the air pressure at zero, hold the handpiece upright in your left hand and advance the pressure. You'll feel the handpiece start to flutter and then start to tap as you increase pressure. Keep going until it stops tapping then stop. This will adjust the foot pedal so it's just on the threshold, and the handpiece will start tapping as soon as you depress the pedal. But CLEAN the handpiece first.

You can also speak to whizkid JB Taylor at GRS at 800-835-3519 and he'll be happy to assist you.

~Sam

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Sam said.. Clean it first.
I don't know where you live but if it is a cold climate, try running the thing full throttle for a 30 seconds or so as well. The cold weather contracts the body and makes the clearances smaller. Running it a bit "warms" it up.

Sponsors