Question: GraverSmith - No pop and hiss

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
I have been turning off both my GraverSmith and my compressor and draining it when not in use. However, last night I was reading the manual and I found this passage. The funny thing is I don't remember ever hearing a pop and hiss so when I went down to engrave today I tried it out while I was paying attention. No pop and hiss. I left the compressor on and didn't bleed it, the system leaked air when I turned off the GraverSmith and the compressor cycled. I'm confused, am I missing something?

GraverSmith.JPG

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What page was that on? I am away from all of my papers right now but to my knowledge the Smith does not have a solenoid like the Max and Mach.

Latergaters

Elite Cafe Member
What page was that on? I am away from all of my papers right now but to my knowledge the Smith does not have a solenoid like the Max and Mach.

It's on page 8 of the PDF manual on the GraverSmith page of the GRS website. http://www.grstools.com/engraving-systems/004-895.html

And while I've got you...what model .45 are we needing for the start to finish class? The Taylors catalog just got here. :)

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is an error in the manual. The Graversmith does not have a solenoid. Please PM me with your e-mail and I will send the information on what gun is needed for the class.

Latest posts

Sponsors