Greetings

Metalman

I am new to posting, have been watching for a while now and thought I would stick my neck out. I have been learning a lot from the posts on this forum and would like to thank all who have submitted.

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Metalman, nice that you could join in. I think that you will find there are all skill levels in this forum and all seem willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Mike

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Metalman please tell us what your metal interests are. Thanks and welcome.

Metalman

Haraga, I was a construction welder for 16 years, and an Ironworker for 10 years prior to that. Thats where the title came from.
I have always enjoyed doing pen and ink sketches, and have gotten the engraving bug. I have been purchasing engraving equipment over the last year and have enjoyed the transition.

Abigail

Administrator
Welcome Metalman!
Glad you joined! I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing.

Welcome Metalman, nice that you could join in. I think that you will find there are all skill levels in this forum and all seem willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Mike

Mike: You are right...there are all skill levels in this forum, and one of us (ME) has NO skill in the engraving world. :p However, I really enjoying sitting in!

Cheers,
Abigail

Andrew Biggs

Hi MetalMan

Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and to post pictures of your work. It's always nice to see where people are at. There is every level of experience here from brand new beginners to master engravers. The big thing is to just enjoy doing it.

Cheers
Andrew

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
MetalMan

Welcome to the forum! The only drawbacks to it are the inferiority complex you get looking at everyone else's work and the inspiration you get to try all the different things / types / styles you see.

Welcome Metalman!
Glad you joined! I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing.

Mike: You are right...there are all skill levels in this forum, and one of us (ME) has NO skill in the engraving world. :p However, I really enjoying sitting in!

Cheers,
Abigail

Actually Abigail, you've got lots of skills in 'the engraving world'. Ok, so none of them involve actually doing the engraving - minor matter. Doesn't matter how good Sam's work is if no one ever sees it or hears about it. Heck, the skills you show in keeping this forum running are extremely valuable to 'the engraving world'. ;)

Sponsors