GRS 2008 Class Schedule Posted

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John,

Did you know the geographic middle of the country is in - Kansas. It's about as far from the sea as you can get. However, they do have some great BBQ. Make sure you try Bobby D's on Merchant street and get the cheesy mashed potatos as a side. :) Have a great time!

JTR

Thanks, I'll certainly give Bobby Ds a try! And I'm sure I'll have a great time as I've wanted to do this for a number of years.
Driving from San Diego would just be too many miles, and too many chances to get lost!
Flying to Wichita will limit my chances of getting lost to only 80 miles or so,,,, but I'll bring my compass and spyglass just in case!
Grinning, somewhere off the coast of southern Mexico,
John

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Check flights from KC as well. It's usually cheaper. A little longer but an easy drive. Besides......
NOTHING handles like rental car!!!!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Still on me about my rental car, huh??
At least WE have the steering wheel where it's supposed to be........
:)
And... By the way.
A welcome for you is in order as well for being a new instructor!
I'm sure your class will be a great one.

Did we tell you what we do to initiate new instructors??

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
The only reason I signed up for lee's class in june was for bobby d's ribs and cheesey potatoes. Marus ,cograts also,I hope to sign up for your class next year

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would also say that the roads from either Kansas City or Wichita are pretty easy to navigate. Last year when I went to Emporia, it was significantly cheaper to fly into Kansas City but then the car rental was almost $100 more for the week. Strange! It was also around 30 miles further to drive to and from KC from Emporia.

I flew out of CT, so that may not be similar to flying from the west coast.

Bobby D's is 'da bomb' for bbq...I concur. Actually, there are a few good places to eat along with any of the typical fast food establishments.

Compared to what I am used to in the northeast, it is VERY easy getting places in Kansas.

Peter

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Keep it quiet, about Marcus Hunt's English scroll class...
Congrats, Marcus... Your class is on the top of my list...
Steve Dunn's intermediate class with an Al Mar knife class project is of interest, also.
Of course, any Sam Alfano class...
The Sterling Silver steaks in Cottonwood Falls are the best.
First, I have to get the holidays behind me...
Stephen

Latest posts

Sponsors