GRS 2008 Class Schedule Posted

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm already signed up for Lee's Intermediate class in June! :)

Means I'll have to miss BLADE this year :(

But that means that I'll have the funding to get my microscope. :)

So many courses I'd like to take, if I had the time and money.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira, All my best to you in your teaching debut!

Brian

Andrew Biggs

Hi Tira

All the very best of wishes for your future career and debut class. I’m sure it’ll be a bright one. You'll be a great asset to GRS and the students that pass through your classes. Well done!!

If any of your students step out of line just threaten them with Marty Rabeno........that should scare the wits out of 'em and give them nightmares for weeks :D :D :D

Cheers
Andrew

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's why for 33 years they called me a professional back in NY Andrew. Practice, practice, practice and ask for permission before you go to the bathroom.
Good luck Tira. Don't worry, I'll protect you.

Jon C. Dake

I didn't see one on carving hobo nickels. I sure wish Sam would share his knowledge. That is one that I would definately sign up for.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jon: They actually had a hobo carving class a couple of years ago, but didn't get enough interest. I did include hobo carving in an Expert Class about 5 years ago.

Jon C. Dake

Sam: Just my luck. That would have been about the time when I was trying to learn how to cut a straight line. Maybe a seminar on sculpting? That would be universally applicable to hobo nickels, gun, knife and other engraving and maybe create more interest and you could still share your knowledge and expertise. I did have some exposure to sculpting in my engraving classes that I took at Coconino Community College in Prescott, AZ but not the detailed, intense instruction that is needed to make a carved face look like the picture.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jon: The Grandmasters classes by Churchill and Grifnee have focused heavily on sculpting, and I'm sure there's more of that subject to come.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Tira,
Congratulations. Your name looks good on the list of instructors.

Your Friend
Sandy

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Is the lack of interest reason for having only one advanced class too? I sure wish it were sooner than November 2008 (and in Europe...).

Jon: They actually had a hobo carving class a couple of years ago, but didn't get enough interest. I did include hobo carving in an Expert Class about 5 years ago.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all the support guys! 2008 looks like it's going to be another fantastic year. :)

JTR

Many thanks for posting the schedules Tira!
Even though I'm stuck out on this ship I work aboard for the next 3 weeks, I noticed that the April 21 Basic Engraving class will fit in with my time off, finally! So I called and set up my enrollment!
And now it's going to be a tough 4 months wait, as I'm already excited!
John

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi John
I see that is my class you signed up for......I'll help you get rid of those "Sea Legs" out in Kansas
Marty

JTR

I'm very much looking forward to attending, and meeting you!

Haha, I've been wobbling about on these sea legs for about 30 years now!
Just where the heck is Kansas? I haven't been by there in a boat lately, although I might have flown over it once. Seriously, I thought of driving, but an airline ticket is almost less expensive than the gasoline required!
I hope they have a great steak house in town!
But good Mexican food will do.
The picture of the workbench they supply is certainly impressive, and doesn't look anything remotely similar to mine. Needless to say, I'm really excited!!!
John

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I drive also from Durango. Seems easier in the long run and long drive. But I'd still have to rent a car if I flew and drive to Emporia soooooooooooo..I just drive.
Real good steak place in Cottonwood Falls.
Just don't do like I did the first time I drove out there and end up in Oklahoma by mistake. They really don't know how to mark roads all that well out west so it wasn't my fault. Yeah thats it.......it wasn't my fault.

Latest posts

Sponsors