GRS's New Airtact

Karl Stubenvoll

Elite Cafe Member
I've been experimenting with the Airtact and often found myself squeezing the handpiece to do the cut. Just install another tee in the throttle control line for the foot control and an on/off valve in the Airtact line. Simply turn off the airtact throttle line when you want to use the foot control. Changing out handpieces is not necessary. The Airtact is simply another means of throttling your handpiece.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
OK I started this and I need to add somethings... As I stated I have all the GRS equiptment to become an engraver with power assist... I have considered an Airtact and tried one at the Blade Show...
No problem it was a nice piece and I have considered adding one to my equipment...

Marcus...
And you are right about Chris DeCamillis my first engraving course was with Chris, be careful where you stand!!! What a Guy...

After going to Ray Covers School and using the Palm Control in school and with the portability of the Palm Control using CO2 tank... I Had to add one to what I'll do when I retire... I Don't Know...

You can buy CO2 20oz cylindes at baint ball store and even Wally World or you can use a Scuba tank...
You can also fill your own or get your own tank and run your Palm from the big tank...
It is an addition to being able to do things that you can't do in the stuido...
Thanks For all Your Feed

I'm so lucky that my wife supports me with my sometimes crazy ideas...
Best of everything and GOD Bless...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm still trying to decide if I'm a bur flicker, picker, popper, plucker, or scooper.

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
I'm still trying to decide if I'm a bur flicker, picker, popper, plucker, or scooper.

Sam, since you play the banjo I suspect that you are either a picker or plucker:p .

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Lester. I don't have one hooked up at the moment, but I do have some. I think there's great potential in the Airtact finger control. I moved one of mine to the right side of the handpiece and touch it with the tip of my middle finger.

Yeah Cody...probably a bur picker/plucker :D

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::

Sam, I'm sure glad you didn't go on where this rhyme could lead!
Naughty me for even thinking like that...........
You might have had to wash my mouth out with soap,ha ha.

John B.

Last edited:

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
John B
Go on with it I'll Help wash your mouth out with some Great Wine at Scotts next year...
JL Seymour

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
John B
Go on with it I'll Help wash your mouth out with some Great Wine at Scotts next year...
JL Seymour

JL, I think I had better stop while I'm on safe ground.
Sam's soap tastes real bad!
But your wine idea sounds good.
It would match up beautifully with all the fresh shrimp you brought to Scott's for us to enjoy.
Best to you and your lovely wife, John B.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, next years Engrave-In will feauture a scoop, picking and flinging contest. Sam will demonstrate the accepted Louisiana methods, the Silver Haired Angel will demonstrate those techniques he learned as a horse jockey in the British style. Ray can cover the Missouri Hillbilly styles.

Are there any Florida variations we should know about Jerry?

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member

I'm still trying to figger what ya'll are even talking bout and what a Bur is, but I know what John B was thinking when he stopped at scoopper...
Jerry

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus, I wasn't referring one system as being better than the other, just the fact that economics and simplicity was a factor. Since my post, Steve sent me a PalmControl unit to test and I have posted my sentiments on his site. The AirTact and GRS equipment is well worth the money spent, and I'll not participate in "mine is better than yours" war. What I posted is my opinion and mine only. If anyone disagrees with me, may he do it in silence.

Latest posts

Sponsors