Guilloché, "classic" and English Fine Scroll engraved by Artesà machine.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hola Leonardo

Es bonito ver que sigues perfeccionando tu maquina. Enhorabuena , el “guilloché “ tiene un éxito merecido!

Jean

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hola Jean!

Muchas gracias!
En realidad no he hecho nada nuevo porque la máquina puede grabar Guillochés desde su primer día pero es interesante comprobar cuanto agrada este tipo de decorados, realmente atemporal.

Cordiales saludos!
Leonardo

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just would like to comment that the "perfection" in a Guilloché is a must because the light reflections will enhance any mistake in the cuts.

Oh of course! The Guilloché absolutely requires the mechanical perfection. The great thing about the Artesia is that it lets you do the Guilloché without a Rose Engine.

It's the almost eerie perfection of the 'regular' engraving that catches my eye. I know you can put in 'imperfections' in the design, but even those would be cut perfectly, would they not?

I really am enchanted by your lovely machine.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Steve, those "imperfections" would be cut perfectly anyway.

Thank you again for the kind words about the machine... would you want one? :rolleyes:
Perhaps having a talk with your ever indulgent wife... :justkidding:

Have a nice weekend my friend!
Leonardo

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm guessing here, leonardo. did you draw just the first wave & then put in corel ? after that replicating it in the secondary software ? your machine and what you do with it is most fascinating !

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, you are close to it.

Both the SecuriDesign and the Artesa-NC software are plug-ins for CorelDRAW so they run into Corel.

The process is as follow: You need to select a generation curve (just a circle in this case), then using SecuriDesign you can generate your waves or pattern.

After that you need to work with it (scaling, cutting, trimming, as you need) to make it fit in your artwork, piece, etc. Once you are done and ready to engrave the job you can open the Artesa-NC to set the engraving parameters (cutting speed, depth, etc.) and send it to the machine.

Hope this short explanation helps to understand the process.

Thank you again for your kind comments!
Leonardo

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
Monk, you are close to it.

Both the SecuriDesign and the Artesa-NC software are plug-ins for CorelDRAW so they run into Corel.

The process is as follow: You need to select a generation curve (just a circle in this case), then using SecuryDesign you can generate your waves or pattern.

After that you need to work with it (scaling, cutting, trimming, as you need) to make it fit in your artwork, piece, etc. Once you are done and ready to engrave the job you can open the Artesa-NC to set the engraving parameters (cutting speed, depth, etc.) and send it to the machine.

Hope this short explanation helps to understand the process.

Thank you again for your kind comments!
Leonardo
yes, leonardo. perfectly understandable. start to finish, this must be a fascinating procedure to execute control over.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work

Muchas gracias Antonio!

Aun no he hecho las pruebas del esmaltado. Lamentablemente no he tenido tiempo suficiente para hacer estos experimentos, pero tengo que hacerlo pronto. El Guilloché necesita protección para mantener su brillo y belleza.

Un gran abrazo!
Leonardo

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, Beautiful work. What type of training have you developed for the operation of your equipment and software? I have a PhD in instructional design and curriculum development if you would like some assistance/or aid in the development of instructional materials and/or training programs as the number of purchasers of your machine sales grows. If you would like to chat about training development for operators I would love to talk things over with you. Let me know. having retired from my college teaching I have time to devote and we might collaborate on instructional development and curriculum design. Drop me a message if you might have an interest or think I could be of service. Fred

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Amigo Leonardo,
Glad you decided to test an old thread.
Wonderful work. The first time for me to see it.
Your machine and design genius are legendary.
Don't know why or how I missed it when you first posted it.
Hope all is well with you and your family.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Fred, thank you!
I personally trained the persons who bought the machine.
I will send you a PM tomorrow explaining some things.
Leonardo

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Sam! Much appreciated.
Although I am not posting lately I am always around here.
Too much to read and learn in this great forum!
All the best to you and Abigail.
Leonardo