Guns and Roses

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is the new granddaughter and the gun I am currently working on.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0167.jpg
    Copy of DSCF0167.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Copy (3) of DSCF0164.jpg
    Copy (3) of DSCF0164.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 342

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, congrats, both are beautiful. I know that your granddaughter you got in the pink, but did you get the browning in the white or is it an upgrade?

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Lee.
I'm sure there are tons of smiles around your home these days.
There ain't nothing like the miracle of a little baby that just melts the heart. :)

P.S. I'm with Andrew-----The gun is looking pretty good,too!

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Grandpa Lee! This is Darcy - just wanted to say congratulations to you and Lisa. Enjoy having that little bundle in your house for a while! As you know, they don't stay little for long!! You won't believe how big Isabella is already!! Happy New Year!!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Lee. A pair of treasures for sure. What a pretty baby! and yup...that gun looks pretty good too!

Peter

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee, quite a pair!. I love the way you created interior borders using the shapes suggested by the edges and shapes presented by the gun itself.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many thanks to all. It was a nice ending to a good year. This is a superposed upgrade that Dennis Potter put together for a friend. I don't know anyone better than Dennis for shotgun work or pleasant conversation.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congratulations on both the granddaughter and beautifully engraved shotgun, Lee. Anyone can engrave a gun, but it takes REAL talent to create that little miniature masterpiece of a baby! She's quite lovely, and thank goodness she doesn't look like her hairy grandfather.

The gun: When I first looked at it, the first thing that came to mind is the shading. Of course the layout is killer (as we expect from an artist like you), but the levels of grey you're getting in the transistions from light to dark is very, very nice. I'd like to see a larger photo if you have one.

~Sam

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's another try at something a bit larger.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0164.jpg
    Copy of DSCF0164.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 45

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't think this helped much. The original file is almost 5 mb and I hit edit and dropped the percentage until I was in a range I thought this forum could accept. The first try was 30 kb and this one is 105 but it doesn't look much different. Guys you are dealing with a tech challenged farm boy.

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Lee,

If you have a photographic program that can resize the picture that's the option to choose. Doing that does not always change the size (resolution) of the file, just the displayed size.

Then there is the picture of your granddaughter. The picture makes her look small, but so well defined. She has sharp and beautiful features; not your average little baby. Congratulations. My granddaughter is 11 months old. I have learned you should look forward to enjoying her growing up even more than your own children's -- it is not only that you can enjoy them and send them home. Our grandparents' perspective makes the quick progression of a baby's capability even more acute than was as parents.

Les Holmes

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another try.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 39

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the bigger images Lee! I love being able to get a close up of your beautiful work!!!! Dwayne

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is likely this piece will be at Reno with me either on my table or Dennis'.