H&H .700

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
This by far is one of the most if not THE most beautiful weapons engraved. I bet H&H are chaumping at the bit to get this one for their collection too!! Thanks Mr. Coggan for sharing with us.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am not only amazed at the quality of your work but I just don't understand how you can produce this stuff so fast. If I could do that it would take me a year or more for one gun. Truely amazing to say the least.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most extraordinary example of artistry and multiple techniques!

On a project of this magnitude, do you and Simon collaborate or is this one all your work?

Regarding the rib, Do you have to engrave it while it is attached to the barrels or do you cut it then H&H solders it in place? If you have to cut it attached to the barrels, how do you go about it? I'd bet those barrels go every bit of 12 pounds.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Even though Simon and I work together he has his work and I have mine, we do however have suggestions and comments about each other's work, but the .700 design is all my idea.
Those barrels are big and heavy, the rib is engraved on the barrels, I usually clamp it in a vice by the lumps and balance it as best as possible centrally, carving the rib is not easy as the barrels need to be moved to many positions!.

Phil

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch beat me to the comment about the elephant. I wonder though, do you meet the people that own these guns ? And do you ever sneak one out back and pop off a few rounds through them ? Just to say you shot one ? Great pics by the way.
Thanks for posting, Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors