Hand engraving micro script lettering

Mike576

Elite Cafe Member
It's the same 105 I would use for anything else, except that the heel has been shortened for the size lettering I'm doing. Nothing else is different.
How large is your heel? Must be extremely small. One swipe on a 2000 grit stone?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
great lookin job. i couldn't see many of the layout lines. were they pencil?

Reactions: sam

JKRice

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Looks Great Sam! Reminds me when I bought a 'scope many years ago. Cranked it up to 30 power and proceeded to cut my name. Looked like I was cutting Grand Canyon! When I backed off to look at it, it was too small to read! I stayed with my Optivisor.
I have never used a microscope, but have tried a pair of loupes. I couldn’t get the hang of the loupes. I guess it was from using an Optivisor from the beginning. All I use now is an Optivisor. Jerry

sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
would you offer some inside ring script pointers?
I don't do enough inside ring jobs to consider myself an expert, but I use a normal 105 most of the time, and to cut a dash between numbers or to cross at T, I push a flat graver into the metal and pout it out quickly to make a horizontal line. That works better for me than offset or bent "inside ring" gravers.

Zukiidesigns

It's the same 105 I would use for anything else, except that the heel has been shortened for the size lettering I'm doing. Nothing else is different.

I used a 105° graver and the newest GRS GraverMach and 901 handpiece. The lettering is approximately .3mm tall.
Hi Sam, wow! I’m going to buy your Graver Sharpening video. Will it help me learn how to sharpen to do micro lettering? Also, will it play on a new blue ray player?

Also, what would be the best engraving video for a beginner?

sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Sam, wow! I’m going to buy your Graver Sharpening video. Will it help me learn how to sharpen to do micro lettering? Also, will it play on a new blue ray player?

Also, what would be the best engraving video for a beginner?
When you sharpen a v-point graver for micro lettering, keep the heel extremely small. Maybe .1mm but I've not measured one. My sharpening video shows how to sharpen a variety of gravers but not necessarily for micro lettering.

I should play on a blu-ray player. I have streaming download versions if you prefer that. They are at MasterEngraver.TV

Best video for beginners is my BEGINNERS COURSE IN MODERN HAND ENGRAVING.

Zukiidesigns

When you sharpen a v-point graver for micro lettering, keep the heel extremely small. Maybe .1mm but I've not measured one. My sharpening video shows how to sharpen a variety of gravers but not necessarily for micro lettering.

I should play on a blu-ray player. I have streaming download versions if you prefer that. They are at MasterEngraver.TV

Thanks Sam! is there any discount for buying more than 1 video? Also, if I download on my MacBook can I also watch it on my iPhone, iPad, and PC? Thanks!

Zukiidesigns

Thanks Sam! is there any discount for buying more than 1 video? Also, if I download on my MacBook can I also watch it on my iPhone, iPad, and PC? Thanks!
It turns out I already own 3 of your videos so now I only need to get the BEGINNERS COURSE.
Do you put anything on your ceramic wheel? Thx!

Zukiidesigns

It turns out I already own 3 of your videos so now I only need to get the BEGINNERS COURSE.
Do you put anything on your ceramic wheel? Thx!

Latest posts

Sponsors