Happy birthday, Abigail!

Abigail

Administrator
Thank You all very very much for your birthday wishes.
I had a WONDERFUL day.
I was awoken to the sound of Sam singing "Happy Birthday" in my ear. It just doesn't get any better than that! :)
Sincerely,
Abigail

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Even though I was fortunate to sing Happy Birthday to you at Reno, it is worth saying again- Happy Birthday Abigail -and remember- you & Sam are always welcome at our house (hee hee).

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have to add my "Happy Birthday" to the list, but sam don't sing. that was terrible!! ;D..... I like your banjo better. You know, a blue grass birthday. I could almost hear it in the background on your post. Just kiddng about the singing. I'v never heard you sing.......Ron S

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
Come to think I don't remember hearing you sing the other night either. You can strum them strings.

Ron,
your Strummin and Singin was pretty good.

Ah dear Miss Abigale, Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Your singing and strumming is like an angel. I enjoyed the "Jam in" it was a lot of fun. Thanks.

Sandy

Last edited:

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Abigail - I may be late but here it is - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL".
I totally enjoyed the jam session last Sunday. Thank you for being there. Sam,Rod,Fred,and Ron made for a pretty good back up, and at times they took the lead. But your singing was the high light of the night.

Mike

Last edited:

Abigail

Administrator
Thanks again, guys!
I think I had the most fun of anyone at the jam sessions. I had the best seat in the house. Rod, Ron, Fred....you guys are great! ohhh...and then there's Sam! Ain't he cool?!?!? ;)

And ofcourse there was Lee. I can still hear him singing "water....water" That was great! :p

and then the "joint" effort (no pun intended) by Sam and Ron on the one guitar. I wish I had a video of that. Does anyone have pictures? Please share!

Lots of nice memories were made at the jam sessions. I can't wait till next time. I hope even more people bring their instruments and their voices.

Cheers! :)
Abigail

Andrew Biggs

Happy Birthday again Abigail

It sure was nice to sing it to you in Reno.

Those Jam sessions were a real treasure and the icing on the cake for Mary and I.

Ron locked his thermolock thumb in the exhibition hall and the security guard wouldn't let him in to get it. We even tried playing the sympathey card that he was handicapped and really needed it...........the security guard was not amused!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo.........there was only one thing to do. Sam helped Ron play his guitar. It was hilarious.

Lee Griffith is a grand master and musical genius at singing the word "water" and joined in whenever the word arose. Karen Blair and Lisa Griffiths are also taking lessons from Mary on how to say the word in New Zealandese...............it was a lot of fun

Here are the photos

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Ron-and-Sam-1.jpg
    Ron-and-Sam-1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Ron-and-Sam-2.jpg
    Ron-and-Sam-2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Ron-and-Sam-3.jpg
    Ron-and-Sam-3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Ron-and-Sam-4.jpg
    Ron-and-Sam-4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Lee-Water.jpg
    Lee-Water.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 42

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Ha! Andrew, nice touch there with the photos. Tee hee! ;)

Abigail, I would have liked to have actually met you when I was there! I sure did enjoy the part of Sunday night's jam session that I saw, everyone was wonderful! Next year, for sure!

-Katherine

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the pics Andrew. The voices and Heads seem to have been highly polished.

Yep, ... engravers can appreciate polished surfaces.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Excellent photo series, Andrew! Our heads are sparkling brilliantly! / Sam

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
To coin a new phrase....I guess that just shows the brilliance of baldness. Right guys?

That is a hoot Andrew!! "House of the rising sun" was apropriate with all of that shine...Ha Ha!!!
What a blast!!..........Ron S
Word of wisdom..........Take your thumb with you wherever you go!!

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew,thank you. seeing the pictures makes me fall over laughing all over again. funny how well they did play together though. bravo Sam and Ron

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Happy birthday Miss Angel Voice.

But I must say, was the jam session a PG event????? .....
Two men......Sam and Ron fiddling together????? Ha ha!!!!
There was a lot of foot tapping going on also..... but thankfully not in the loo!

Big hug, John B.